The final 2k3 \ 2k4 word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The final 2k3 \ 2k4 word

Sooo, maybe this has been answered before, but exactly what will Alien Swarm be compatible with; UT2k3 or 2k4, or both? Any answers I've heard are ambiguous or guesses, so what's the final word here?

Nightblade has the ever-nifty "about" page that says it's compatible with both. Why can't Alien Swarm be the same? People who find it randomly could think it's for Half-Life, for all anyone knows.

Originally posted by Hannu
    I know Alien swarm and NB are supposed to be for UT2k3/4, but with recent netcode changes I notice lots of mods doing seperate conversions of UT2k3 & UT2k4, assuming that the original plans for the 2 games to be similar have lost that luxury, so which game should we be using to install Alien swarm mod to?
    Originally posted by solaris
    you need ut2k4, no expansion packs..... we agreed that having to install expansion packs is annoying.

Comment

Yes, unfortunately Nightblade and Alien Swarm will both be for UT2k4. UT2k3 and UT2k4 simply aren't compatible and maintaining two seperate versions of the games would be a nightmare.

Comment

I see. Thank you.

Comment

Since UT2K4 supports vehicles, will you have plans to implement vehicles in Alien Swarm?

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
            Since UT2K4 supports vehicles, will you have plans to implement vehicles in Alien Swarm?

Would be nice to crush aliens with a vehicle

Comment

Got teh demo for UT04, I'm less than thrilled with the gameplay (I don't find it fun trying to hit a laggy person a quarter mile away that's only 12 pixels high who can run 4 times faster than a real person).

Looks like I'm going to have to buy the game for Swarm, tho. 8)
              "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
                Got teh demo for UT04, I'm less than thrilled with the gameplay (I don't find it fun trying to hit a laggy person a quarter mile away that's only 12 pixels high who can run 4 times faster than a real person).
                The objective of Onslaught is to capture nodes. Not dm the other team unless they are bettween you and the node.
                Feel the power of the

Comment

Buho, I don't like the too fast gameplay either. It isn't probably used on multiplayer servers, but the full version features a game speed mutator. You can slow down the gameplay so it doesn't go annoyingly fast (I like slower stuff - I would use permanent bullet time with any game if I could... ). I can enjoy the ragdoll physics more and what's best, it runs better. In fact, with medium detail settings, there are just a few maps on UT2004 that are hard to play because of my slow comp.

And with such good bots, who needs to play with real people :roll:... Thievery and other non-basic shooters are an exception to this, but I'm not too interested in a fragfest online. Especially high-speed ones.

Still, Alien Swarm and NightBlade were also good reasons to invest in UT2004.
                  My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

Picking up 2k4 today, the DVD version(FU CDs).

I think it's pretty weird buying a game for the mods. I bought 2k3 as well, obviously I was a little too quick to the draw on that one. So, I've spent $100 on two mods that I've never been able to play. Then again I only have to wait for 2 weeks, now.
                    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvage
                      Picking up 2k4 today, the DVD version(FU CDs).

I think it's pretty weird buying a game for the mods. I bought 2k3 as well, obviously I was a little too quick to the draw on that one. So, I've spent $100 on two mods that I've never been able to play. Then again I only have to wait for 2 weeks, now.
                      There are other good mods for ut2k3
                      On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by Salvage
                        Then again I only have to wait for 2 weeks, now.
                        :lol:
                        AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
                        Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
                        Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

Buchhas, yeah. I like to play UT at 5% normal speed on hardest setting against bots. It's like some kind of Matrix ballet, where you can pull off some hardcore moves.

M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILL!!!!!
                          "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

how can u change the speed. i made the game , put some bots and the thing that says "you can change the game speed". but HOW can i change the game speed?

Comment

In UT use <slomo> <number>
                              In the Future, One Duck Is The Law.

Comment

Working...
                              X