Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you like to know more?

Greetings,

I would like to join the ISAF. Where do I sign up? I hear we get to travel a lot.

Seriously though, I am *really* looking forward to this total conversion. But that could just be because of my Aliens fetish. I have a big LAN party coming up over Memorial Day weekend. I hope it is ready by then! Looks like a great party game.

Oh, and I recently graduated with a degree in programming so if you have anything small you need more manpower to work on, I have experience in C++, VB, Java, Oracle and I've been writing mutators for UT2004 in my spare time.

Game over man!
    -3clipse

Originally posted by 3clipse
    But that could just be because of my Aliens fetish.
    Originally posted by Eddie Murphey
    Alien love? Who said anything about alien love?!?!
    Oh, and I recently graduated with a degree in programming so if you have anything small you need more manpower to work on, I have experience in C++, VB, Java, Oracle and I've been writing mutators for UT2004 in my spare time.
    Heya, ThreeClipse.

Woot woot! Another programmer! Killer. Well, if you want to help out, *drops a huge book entitled "Game AI by El Joelio"* read this :lol: The AI code floating around in BlackCat is really good! Welcome, and enjoy!
    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Awesome.
      So is this book something I can get at Barnes and Noble or is it something else entirely? And you are right, maybe fetish was too strong a word. But I've been on every major bug hunt since the original X-Com. Borderline obsession to be sure. Sectoids, drones, zerg, xenomorphs, greys, flood, covenant, etc. I've killed them all.

And I want more. :twisted:

Anyhow, send me a PM if you are serious about wanting some help.
      -3clipse

Comment

But I've been on every major bug hunt since the original X-Com. Borderline obsession to be sure. Sectoids, drones, zerg, xenomorphs, greys, flood, covenant, etc. I've killed them all.

And I want more. :twisted:
        OMFG! First time IN YEARS I see someone mentioning X-COM. Dont forget Xenon 2 tho. That game had some pretty ugly and big bugs.

Anyway the best way to see the AI code in action is to play some ThieveryUt *hands 3clipse a blackjack and a mace*. Really that's some kick ass AI although you probably wont hear the bugs screaming "alert! we have an assassin!" once you start wasting their pitful ranks.
        Btw, welcome.
        *goes to play some Turrican*
        Feel the power of the

Comment

I think the dev team has it covered at the moment -- Alien Swarm will almost certainly be released by Memorial Day.
          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Oh I have. I've been a UT fan since almost the beginning and a Thief fan since my wife bought it for me for Christmas many years ago. I downloaded the ThieveryUT to play at a LAN party I was hosting (much the same way that I am hoping to do with AS) and I have kept up with it since.

I used to be a game tester at Interactive Magic. My boss was the guy who started Microprose (so he published X-Com when it came to the US). I think that really helped me land the job since I had played it years before that. It gave us something to talk about during the interview.

So..ummm...I guess my point is, I love to kill aliens.
            And I am ten ninjas.
            -3clipse

Comment

X-Com Apoc's toxigun = gg no rm.

Comment

Your boss started Microprose?

I probably read the clues wrong, but you don't happen to work for Microprose in Maryland, do you? Stupid question, it's probably no. I've been trying to track down a friend who used to work there, haven't seen him in 8 years Got my hopes up.

Comment

Contra had cool aliens in the last level too!
                  Lets not forget about Metroid! those damn life sucking metroids were the worst enemy ever

Comment

Tis true. My boss started Microprose, sold it for metric ass loads of money due to the success of several games including X-Com, then he decided that was easy enough and so he started a new company called Interactive Magic, had a few good games there...but not many. Most notable being Apache, Seven Kingdoms and Warbirds. I was a tester for all those games. I even have my picture as one of the pilots in the POS they called iF-18. Then he sold the company to Ubi Soft, which made him tons of money but Ubi Soft closed us down and left me without a job playing games all day long. It was heaven. *sigh*

So, I do not work for Microprose and I am not a full time game tester anymore. Funny thing is that I never broke the habit of playing games all day long. Amazing I ever graduated from college...

So that's my story in a nutshell.
                    -3clipse

Comment

OLO PPL WHO USER NUMBERS IN THIER NAMES SUX

O WAIT

Comment

Shut up, V-twelve-us.

:wink:

Comment

I think its "VIRUS" lol.... OMG CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!! Post more screenies or something to hold me over!

Comment

Spending skill points after a successful mission:

3clipse: Thanks for the offer. However, this close to release, we're not in need of any more manpower. Hope you enjoy the game!

Comment

I demand a full refund if I don't enjoy it........
                              -3clipse

Comment

Working...
                              X