Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some explain this Make Something Unreal contest to me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some explain this Make Something Unreal contest to me.

I've been looking at the nvidia and epic sites with details of the prizes and the winners so far but I'mtotally confused.

What is the deal with the "phases", will there be an overall winner, how is that decided and where does Alien Swarm fit in?

Each phase has it's own prices. If you've won in an earlier phase, you can't participate in a later phase unless your mod/mutator/whatever has considerably changed during that time.

Also, the Grand Finals are in October. I dunno if that's separate or if you need to have won in one of the phases, but I suppose that's the thing that decides the best mod. :grin:

Also note that the phases have FPS and Non-FPS categories. Kinda helps Swarm not being pitted against those mega-huge-mods like Red Orchestra. It only needs to beat mods like Unwheel and Deathball and stuff like that.

In the Grand Finals however, it's just pure deathmatch. Every mod for itself.
    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

I have seen screens of some amazing mods and maps. Really fantastic stuff. Why was Nightblade not entered?

Comment

The mods have to be released for the public before they can be entered. Nightblade won't be out for the 30th of May deadline of Phase 3. Alien Swarm will.
        Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Working...
        X