Starship Troopers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starship Troopers

For those of that haven't already seen the movie, go see it to get a real hate for those damn bugs
    Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Go see Aliens first.

Comment

lol

It was a pretty good movie (starship troopers) especially because of Denise Richards if only my girlfriend looked like her oh shit I better not say that here she might look at this page :O

Comment

There were a lot of stupid parts, but in general it was a GREAT movie!

The major reason i dind't like hte movie was te sheer stupidity of the army commanders. If some alien species straps a rocket to an asteroid and fires it at earth, why don't we do the same? no, we gotta get people slaughtered by landng them on the surface! But the nuclear grenades WERE cool....
        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Also, we use ranged weapons as melee. The bug is there with a reach of over 10 feet and the humans go to a wacking distance of the bug and they fire! I mean come on...I liked the effects but a lot of it was really corny. IMO, there wasn't really any life in that planet except for the bugs. NUKE THEM!

Comment

two words:

NEUTRON BOMB!!
            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Yay they only drop nukes the whole movie long -.-
              Then its over in 20 mins GREAT MOVIE

Comeon its just a movie so dont flame it ;P
              The Man

Join the official Alien Swarm irc channel:
              #AlienSwarm on irc.starchat.net

Comment

Maybe they supposdelly couldn't really do much with nuking cos the Aliens lived underground... That's why they fired those portable nukes IN their holes or after going inside themselves... Good enough reason for a movie I suppose
                The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist fears this is true.

Comment

Yeah, I mean, they had to make it exciting for a large audience. In the book, if you remember, each soldier was assigned to cover something like 50 square kilometers *by himself*. The power armor was totally that advanced. That would make a realistic but boring movie for the most part.

Granted, the book wasn't really about killing aliens either but was just using the bug conflict to make a political point. Political points don't always make for good action movies so they had to change things a little.

I like the book and the movie...just for different reasons. (Dizzy made a *much* better girl than guy IMHO, rowr) And I really wish they had kept the power armor in the movie.

Death from Above, and all that.
                  -3clipse

Comment

Show some repect for the awesome stupid corniness of Starship Troopers you heretics!

Oh btw dont go see "ST2:Hero of the Federation" (or how it was called). Its stupid and corny too, but its a very lame boring stupid corniness.

<- wheres teh Koopa/Goomba Smilie?
                    My leet Thievery Map
                    My leet UT3 Map
                    My leet AS Map

Comment

Starship Troopers is cool, Aliens is better though
                      One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                      -
                      The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Most definately. Aliens is muuuuuch better. In fact, I think I'll go watch it again tonight just to prep myself for the release tomorrow!
                        -3clipse

Comment

Who said Alien is bad? ^___^

...hrm, Part 4 on the other hand - ya know a movie is going to be bad when they resurrect the main character after he died at the end of the last movie
                          Last edited by Schleicher; 27 May 2004, 05:07 PM. Reason: stuff
                          My leet Thievery Map
                          My leet UT3 Map
                          My leet AS Map

Comment

Originally posted by Schleicher
                            ya know a movie is going to be bad when they resurrect the main character after he died at the end of the last movie
                            Good thing it's a she then.

Comment

Originally posted by Joker
                              For those of that haven't already seen the movie, go see it to get a real hate for those damn bugs
                              This mod reminds me a thousand times more of Aliens than ST. Which is fine because Aliens kicked ass. =)

Comment

Working...
                              X