Alien Swarm Loading... and loading...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Swarm Loading... and loading...

I installed Alien Swarm recently and I am trying to play online. I tried about all the servers that came up and to no avail. When i try to connect it shows the IP and it connects and it starts loading...
    The screen comes up with "Alien Swarm Loading" and it hangs. I've waited about 5 minutes. Any actions on the keyboard does not respond visually, instead i have to press console, and type in quit without even seeing the console. I really enjoy the single player and i wish to play online, i get no errors that i kno of because all i can see is the loading screen no matter what.

Please help me.
    Thanx.

Comp Specs:
    AMD Athlon 3200+
    512 DDR Ram
    GeForce FX 5600
    it runs everything else like RO and UT2k4.. just not AS

Same problem also happened to me about 4-5 times so it's not just you :p It feels sorta random because it loads most of the time, but this seems like it's getting a little bit more frequent.

Comment

Hmm, strange. Try running it in window mode (alt + enter), typing 'showlog' at the console before connecting, see if there's any errors or info in the log that comes up. I presume you don't have any firewall or router that's stopping you connect?

If it's a display problem, you could try changing your renderer to OpenGL, DX9 or sofware (by commenting/uncommenting the appropriate lines in your AlienSwarm.ini).

Comment

ive been having similar problems with UT2k4 and other mods since it came out (maps not loading and the game hanging on a loading screen)

Comment

Make shure you have met the Recommended Specifications for UT2004(Radeon 9600 Pro is recommended, and atleast 1,6ghz of processing power, and 512mb ram(DDR recommended). I met some Hanqing with my GeForce 4 4200 TI but then i changed to Radeon and no more hanqing for me atleast.
          "I am tormented by dreams of our death, And grief at what is to come.
          For in dreams I have seen / The heavens falter, And the stars drop from the sky.
          In my dreams / Creation ceases without a sound. I have seen the destruction of the Way."

Comment

Yeah, make sure you have the latest video card drivers for you computer as well.
            Immortius' Forge

Comment

I had loading screens hang on me as well. And I had to kill the process from console.
              This only seemed to happen to me when a server was almost full.

Comment

I think it happens because the server fills up before you finish loading...I've had it happen a lot too.
                One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                -
                The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

I get this a lot as well. I noticed it happens if I join a server by double-clicking it. I have to either right-click and join using "open ip", or copy the server IP to my clipboard and paste it into my console using "open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

If I get it otherwise, I can drop down the console and type "disconnect" or "reconnect". I can't actually see the console when doing this but it still works. After typing disconnect I can hit Esc 3-4 times and it brings me to the options menu.
                  Fuzzle was killed by Player.
                  Player: is FF on?

Comment

P4 2.8ghz, 512mb ddr, GeForceFX 5600 256mb DDR, latest drivers (afaik). So you cant see the console but it's there, eh? Hmmm maybe I can try that from now on, instead of a hard reset :x

Comment

I think it's because 2 ppl joined while you were downloading something so when yuo started loading there is no more free spots. happens to me too so i just minimize it then close it and start again.

Comment

Luckely I can just switch to a different frame buffer and kill it.

Comment

Working...
                        X