Very upsetting please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very upsetting please help

I have installed the mod 3 times now 1 with umod and twice non umod. I have reinstalled ut2k4 and this error still occurs. Everytime I try to run the mod it says that my cdkey is invalid and that I need to reinstall ut2k4. If this is true then Epic needs to send me another key. I am quite frustrated and any help would be greatly appreciated.

My specs are:
    3.2 gighz HT P4
    2 gigs ram
    ati radeon 9800 pro
    120 gig hd

Ask if you need anything else

PS Yes i have the most recent patch for 2k4.

Thanks.

Hmm. Weird.

I don't know why Swarm would have any troubles with CD-keys if UT2004 runs fine. Can you play vanilla UT2004 online with the CD-key?
    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Yes 2k4 runs perfectly fine. I dont know whats going on.

Comment

Try deleting your UT2004\AlienSwarm\System\AlienSwarm.ini and running it again. Or try running it from the Community -> Mods menu in UT2k4.

Comment

If those don't work, providing a complete log file would help.
          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Something like that happened to me as well... I thought my play CD had gone bad.

Try reinstalling.

By the way, what other mods you have?
            I found problems of the same kind with other mods, like red orchestra. Had to uninstall them

Comment

All you need is Alien Swarm anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai
                Try deleting your UT2004\AlienSwarm\System\AlienSwarm.ini and running it again. Or try running it from the Community -> Mods menu in UT2k4.
                Ok that let me get into the game. Thanks.

One more problem though. When I ran the tutorial my mouse wouldnt work. Is this related or just the way the tutorial is set up??

Comment

Your mouse should work... I can't think why it wouldn't, unless you have some strange binds brought over from UT2004. Try backing up and then deleting your UT2004\User.ini, UT2004\System.ini and delete UT2004\AlienSwarm\System\AlienSwarm.ini and UT2004\AlienSwarm\System\AlienSwarmUser.ini

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai
                    Your mouse should work... I can't think why it wouldn't, unless you have some strange binds brought over from UT2004. Try backing up and then deleting your UT2004\User.ini, UT2004\System.ini and delete UT2004\AlienSwarm\System\AlienSwarm.ini and UT2004\AlienSwarm\System\AlienSwarmUser.ini

Ok Ill give it a try. Thanks

That worked Dalai. Thanks for the info man.

Comment

Working...
                    X