How to turn friendly fire off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to turn friendly fire off?

I looked through the AlienSwarm.ini file and couldnt find where to turn off the friendly fire. Is it even possible to turn off friendly fire,i.e. players can't kill other players.

Neoaetas

Go solo.

That's the only way.
    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Bummer. We're having a small lan here and i've got about 6 people playing it. Since its there (and my) first time playing this mod they asked me to turn off friendly fire because they keep killing eachother accidentally. Oh well. :p

Neoaetas

Comment

Yeah it's odd - you can not be hurt by bots, but any player can hurt anything else (bots, or players). It'd be nice to be able to adjust a slider on that, UT-style.

But then, it would lose some atmosphere. You know the game's about terror as well as fun, how scary would it be if you could just spin in a circle firing?

Comment

After just 24 hours of playing, I've noticed that the improvement in friendly fire, teamkilling, and natural tactics is dramatic. I don't think there will be any need to turn it off, and besides, it adds to the difficulty

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
            After just 24 hours of playing, I've noticed that the improvement in friendly fire, teamkilling, and natural tactics is dramatic. I don't think there will be any need to turn it off, and besides, it adds to the difficulty
            DING! We have a winner!
            One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
            -
            The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

And also, friendly fire keeps people from running like rambo through the game. That's not the way to go. Rely on your team and stick together, you'll be fine.

Comment

Omega I didn't get what did you say. Becose friendly fire is when your team can or can't hurt you. Not when aliens can or can't hurt you. This idea came when you say "And also, friendly fire keeps people from running like rambo through the game".Whant it or not but if people want then he can run true the game like Rambo. And sticking to your team is just another way to die.

Comment

Originally posted by HaRRiKiRi
                  Omega I didn't get what did you say. Becose friendly fire is when your team can or can't hurt you. Not when aliens can or can't hurt you. This idea came when you say "And also, friendly fire keeps people from running like rambo through the game".Whant it or not but if people want then he can run true the game like Rambo. And sticking to your team is just another way to die.
                  hmmm... ramboing (referring to running'n'gunning careless about scenario/ teammates) is exceptionally easy without ff, especially in this game, where you have such efficient weapons as the autos.

Even if I only play on LAN, I'd be inclined to disagree with FF OFF, even as an option.

90% of games (in general, not only Alien Swarm) in which FF is OFF become shitty, online, in a matter of a couple weeks, because it is extremely easy to pull the trigger as soon as you see an enemy, knowing that you won't hurt your teammates.
                  As I see it, O4f (off ff) makes for an average lower player skill, and thus a steep curve of loss of interest, with the consequent possible cheating/ exploiting.

Comment

Exactly.

People complete games too easily these days.

Comment

Regardless, it would still be nice to at least have the OPTION to turn FF on or off for mp games at the screen where you select difficulty level.

Comment

I don't want to see an option where FF is turned off, because everyone would just Rambo it, but I'd like to see it turned down maybe 50%.

Comment

Originally posted by harmony
                          Yeah it's odd - you can not be hurt by bots, but any player can hurt anything else (bots, or players). It'd be nice to be able to adjust a slider on that, UT-style.
                          The bots can hurt you, they just don't fire if they will.
                          A slider would be nice, so that a misplaced shot here and there, don't result in the death of a Team-mate.

However you run the risk of killing team-mates if you carelessly use the more powerful weapons, such as shotguns, or flamers. A little bit of rifle fire dosen't do too much damage to friendlies, on the other hand.
                          .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

Originally posted by FelixTT
                            I don't want to see an option where FF is turned off, because everyone would just Rambo it
                            No they wouldn't because A: it'd be an option so the server can just leave FF enabled if they want it on, and B: because the aliens will rape anyone who tries to "Rambo it" as is proven time and again on pub servers where some idiot thinks he's going to rush ahead to get the most kills and always ends up infected and hopefully the medics let him die for being greedy.

but I'd like to see it turned down maybe 50%.
                            I wouldn't. I like it how it is. But I'd also like the OPTION to turn it off if I want to.

Comment

You can't be hit by AI.

And if you try to shoot AI they'll crouch.

Comment

Working...
                              X