Damn.Awesome. + small Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn.Awesome. + small Requests

This 'mod' (it's actually more a game in itself than a mod) has restored my faith in multiplayer cooperative pc games.

THANKS, Black cat. MANY thanks. I had the most serious co-op fun with a friend since the times of system shock 2 and serious sam 2.

Then, I have some requests.

- I would like the dev team to consider making light torches 33% more powerful, because in pitch black darkness torches aren't really useful, and sometimes you just can't equip those flares.

- I would like an option for making corpses stay (this being the most important request)
    As of now, alien corpses 'decompose' in pieces and then disappear... well I have a powerful pc and would like the chance to walk over dozens of alien carcasess after a heavy firefight, so that they won't need to 'explode' and rot away. There are many ways to implement this i guess, the one i'd like the most is 'a la infiltration' with an input box for specifying the corpses stay time limit.

- More particle effects: i know this game is already resource intensive, but persistent bullet casings (for the non-caseless weapons), weapon muzzle smoke and wall impact smoke could make a serious difference in the immersiveness factor, and making them toggable options could make them politically correct.

- I would like flamethrower fire to stick to surfaces. As of now, flamethrower isn't useful for lightning, but it COULD be really good to light up corridors and such.

Anybody who wants to discuss my requests is welcome, and I would like to thank the team again.

Originally posted by Roamcel
    - I would like the dev team to consider making light torches 33% more powerful, because in pitch black darkness torches aren't really useful, and sometimes you just can't equip those flares.
    You can turn your gamma up...like someone said here previously, it's not cheating. But yeah, in the pitch black areas the dynamic lighting like flares and flashlights don't help as much as one would expect, but I kinda like it that way...it forces me to get the hell out of unlighted corridors that much faster

- I would like flamethrower fire to stick to surfaces. As of now, flamethrower isn't useful for lightning, but it COULD be really good to light up corridors and such.
    I really like this idea. I haven't used flamers in really dark places so I haven't seen the effect, but I would hope that it acts like a second sun!

Comment

I would like an option for making corpses stay (this being the most important request)
      I quite like this idea - I've got a serious gaming deck, and it'd be a nice-to-have type of option. I don't know how practical it is, or even if the UT engine can cope. It'd be something of a "cool" factor option though.

More particle effects: i know this game is already resource intensive, but persistent bullet casings (for the non-caseless weapons), weapon muzzle smoke and wall impact smoke could make a serious difference in the immersiveness factor, and making them toggable options could make them politically correct.
      I like this too, but you know some clown's going to turn it on, get 3fps, and then whine about how the game is crappy and should perform better. But it'd be cool - imagine persistent shell casings from the autogun, you'd leave a trail of brass from here to Alabama.

I would like flamethrower fire to stick to surfaces. As of now, flamethrower isn't useful for lightning, but it COULD be really good to light up corridors and such.
      Now that's a hot idea (no pun intended). Bring it on I say.

Comment

I like the flamer idea; even set secondary to lay down unignited naplam to burn later, putting down mine-like curtains of fire. Flexibilty is the key; and flamers are dangerous to be around

Comment

Persistent stuff

Regarding the light intensity of the light torches, I believe it could use some upgrading because I think the developers don't mean us to turn up our monitor brightness, because to tell the truth doing that just somewhat ruins the atmosphere.

To have an idea about how cool are persistent corpses and casings, you can host a game for infiltration 2.9 for unreal tournament, with just 8 player teams (bots, for example).
          Even with such small teams, the map chokepoints become awesome displays of the action in just instants.

Regarding flamer fire as a light source, I can only say that this game would ROCK with it, because even a 'big' title as Unreal 2 (hyped like hell, but actually a crappy game, imo) had a flamethrower which did NOT light up the scenario, nor did 'ignite' surfaces. For example, in level 2 of the campaign, it could be used to light up the walls for a few seconds, to have a better visibility when the lights go out.
          To make a point, this game would be the first one to have such an effect, at least for what I know.

Comment

Even just leaving bits of burning napalm everywhere, like brass, would add to the atmosphere heaps... and I've never had an issue with the brightness, everything is gloomy but not invisible on my puter.

You play INF?? Excellent, but sometimes (like with the SAW) the brass can really tax the engine... not hte UT was very efficeint anway

Comment

Originally posted by [theDAN]
              Even just leaving bits of burning napalm everywhere, like brass, would add to the atmosphere heaps... and I've never had an issue with the brightness, everything is gloomy but not invisible on my puter.

You play INF?? Excellent, but sometimes (like with the SAW) the brass can really tax the engine... not hte UT was very efficeint anway
              Even if it's true that wrong settings can clog the pc performance, a wise default is all that's needed to give us this awesome feature.

I truly believe the immersiveness factor would rocket sky-high.
              Last edited by Roamcel; 2 Jun 2004, 05:24 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
              X