Ideas, wishes and other stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas, wishes and other stuff

Wish: Ability to interrupt the force start sequence. On the count down, a player joins, has 3 seconds to pick a character... if not, he just wasted time connecting Possible solutions: After the leader pressed "Start" and hit wait, any force start sequence could be deactivated... or just reset the force start if a player joins the match.
    Wish: Selecting missions in campaign-mode should only choosable by the leader. Happens sometimes someone keeps hitting Launch, but noone of the rest wants to play the map.
    Wish: Bloodcolor and alienskin should be choosable via options... not through key-shortcuts.
    Wish: When i heal someone as medic, most time its hard to see if the heal actualy worked, or i just healed myself again. please use something more visible then those little medical signs floating around. Maybe an fat red medical sign just visible for the medic healing?
    Idea: The red laser mines that are attached to some walls are ingame, but why cant we choose them as equipment?
    Idea: If someone is infected, an indicator for medics if the infection will be lethal.
    Balance: Shouldnt medics be faster than the special weapon marines? wildcat is faster then bastile.
    Balance: Every class has his own "special" weapon, except the medic. How about a arrow gun, stunning aliens each hit for a second? Of course with a slower refire rate (like half second). Medics could be a bit more tactical, holding off aliens from the back while the main gunners sort out the stuff in front.
    Scanner: Maybe it would be worth to have the scanner also avaible as extra (for the heavy guys)?
    Stim: How about an extra stim, giving the marines eagle eyes, so he can see aliens for about 20 seconds in the dark (like a red glow or so if in the field of view)?

I don't want to pretend to give official answers, but I want to touch on these.

Originally posted by n00n
    Idea: If someone is infected, an indicator for medics if the infection will be lethal.
    I assume you know that it is not whether the parasite is innately lethal or not, but if it simply does more damage than the marine has health. Regardless of if it's going to kill, unless you're doing the first mission on Easy (where parasites do no damage), those buggers hurt pretty bad, and they'll probably appreciate a heal anyway.

Balance: Shouldnt medics be faster than the special weapon marines? wildcat is faster then bastile.
    Sounds like you want to put a skill point of movement into Faith or Bastille. Well, do that, then.

Balance: Every class has his own "special" weapon, except the medic. How about a arrow gun, stunning aliens each hit for a second? Of course with a slower refire rate (like half second). Medics could be a bit more tactical, holding off aliens from the back while the main gunners sort out the stuff in front.
    I'm going to have to kind of disagree on principle. The medics simply aren't gunners, and just shouldn't get anything special. I say the assault rifle or pistol\akimbo pistols are fine for the role they play - healing.

Scanner: Maybe it would be worth to have the scanner also avaible as extra (for the heavy guys)?
    This...isn't a bad idea, but it kind of takes away the use of Crash and Flynn when you don't need any hacking. And besides, are you saying you don't like the P-Riles?!

Stim: How about an extra stim, giving the marines eagle eyes, so he can see aliens for about 20 seconds in the dark (like a red glow or so if in the field of view)?
    Maybe this should be added to the stimpack we already have - a small red tint and the aliens glow?

The others are fine ideas, and I agree with them.

Comment

This idea sounds like it would be more approptiate for a new extra peice of equipment, like thermal or nightvision goggles. I bet the devs have surely considered this and probablly didn't put them in for a reason, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
        I assume you know that it is not whether the parasite is innately lethal or not, but if it simply does more damage than the marine has health. Regardless of if it's going to kill, unless you're doing the first mission on Easy (where parasites do no damage), those buggers hurt pretty bad, and they'll probably appreciate a heal anyway.
        yeah you're right.

Sounds like you want to put a skill point of movement into Faith or Bastille. Well, do that, then.
        its not about skillpoints, its about the main speed. the one unable to carry heavy weapons should move faster in general from the personal stats then the ones camping with heavy equipment. a medic, even if he is 40 years old, should move quicker with his normal gun and a medpack than wildcat with an autogun and maybe a sentry in the bag

I'm going to have to kind of disagree on principle. The medics simply aren't gunners, and just shouldn't get anything special. I say the assault rifle or pistol\akimbo pistols are fine for the role they play - healing.
        sure medics arent gunners, like techs and explosives are. but techs get a special version of the rifle, explosives get an extra shotgun. nothing that special about... the needle pistol wouldnt even do damage or have autoaim, just to stun aliens, so its not a kill weapon. just a tactical advance, which should be much better than medics running around with flamethrowers or not?

This...isn't a bad idea, but it kind of takes away the use of Crash and Flynn when you don't need any hacking. And besides, are you saying you don't like the P-Riles?!
        Oh i like them the replacable roles are there... if you play good, you dont need medics. just take explosive guys... whats their use? mines? hack & scanner goes to tech, they still have more use than an explosive guy. the idea is, even if your techy dies, you can at least scan the area for team mates and aliens.

Maybe this should be added to the stimpack we already have - a small red tint and the aliens glow?
        also an idea... but it would take the advantage of fast play... in slow motion you can aim without any problem. the stim would give an idea where the next aliens come from, so you can turn your soldier in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil
          This idea sounds like it would be more approptiate for a new extra peice of equipment, like thermal or nightvision goggles. I bet the devs have surely considered this and probablly didn't put them in for a reason, though.
          the question is, wouldnt it be a bit too powerfull? flares and stims are on quantity, only the small light for guns is permanent.

Comment

Night vision or thermal goggles could be cool, they could run on a battery and only have like a total of 20 second life span or something.
            And I dunno about special weapons for the medics, dual pistols is really nice if you have aim. But I'll have to agree that their role is kinda monotonous... Heal, kill a few things. The fact that 2 satchels run out rather fast is also kind of a damper. It would be cool if they had something medic-related to do without satchels at all (like a treatment skill that could be used every minute, and only healed a small amount or something).
            Fuzzle was killed by Player.
            Player: is FF on?

Comment

Nightvision Goggles et all

Why not do what the majority of comercial games do and have the goggles disabling in some way. NV goggles have those massive white glows when looking at a light.

Comment

How about we modify the flashlight to shine UV light that would be used to make various things glow a bright color, such as making aliens radiate a glowing red color?
                Salsa: The Z axis is the Acromaster's domain

Comment

i want laser trip mines

Comment

would be cool if you could just pick a class at the beginign of a campaign have him named after your selected name. for balancing you could limit the ammount of a class that can be used wich would be sweet if editable by server admin. then when you goto the next map in the campaign you just keep your character. when you goto select a class you could have a point system you assign your points pick what class you want and pick your weapons.. having limited weapons at first would be cool maybe get money for solo kills so in the next campaign map you can buy better equipment or maybe have upgrades for weapons?

Comment

Working...
                    X