Idea- DON'T CHANGE A THING!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea- DON'T CHANGE A THING!

yeah, don't make the game easier, don't give players more ammo, and DO NOT LET PLAYERS TURN OFF FRIENDLY FIRE!!! The game is great because it has limited ammo, you have to watch where you shoot, and it is actually rewarding when you win. Its supposed to be tactical, not arcade shoot-em up. The game rocks. Period. I want to see more maps, (and maybe more marines) rather than the developers making ways to turn off FF, or setting it up to your sentry guns gives you kills.

Guys, the game would be worth paying for, and you guys did it for free. Please ignore inane suggestions and keep doing what you guys think would be best for the game.

Agreed. What with all the suggestions on here, I hope the DEVs don't suddenly decide to change massive parts of the game. Its very balanced already, impressively so considering its a first release. Sure, its supposed to be hard - I like it that way.

I still think marines should be available to come back in campaign though, to keep online games flowing properly. Other than that, they can leave it how it is for me.

Comment

yep, leave it like it is, just be more reasonable with the marines lives

Comment

I agree this fully and more maps and couple of more marines would be fine addition to existing ones! I and couple of friends are just in flames with Alien Swarm! The feeling is like in Alien movies: Count your ammo, fire short controlled bursts and suppressive fire!

Keep going like this and make this mod look like you!

Btw, there is maybe bug in the mission successful screen. When selected "easy" at the starting options of the mission, it shows "normal" after mission.

Comment

That difficulty bug is already reported in our bug tracker. It should be fixed on next release.

Comment

I agree that the gameplay is fine as it is now. I love the atmosphere. Things I would like to see included are: More marines, more missions, more aliens, and more weapons/weapon varient

Comment

i agree aswell.. dont want more ammo... etc although it would depend on the level if custom levels came out but people can place ammo packs in. although as i said in another thread.. id like to see some kind of map either ingame or during mission briefing where you can see your objectives or where your objectives are likely to be, could even be an item you can take in your "extra" slot, the twist being that the map wont display blocked off corridors and doors so anyone using a map with their level can make false corridors and such to trick the player.

Comment

Agreed:
                -more maps
                -more weapons
                -better multiplayer campaign mode (A right to keep his player & brining KIA marines back)

The rest should stay as it is - very nice work. This mod is one of the nicest i've ever seen. Keep it up!

Comment

Mods -always- get invaded by "OMFG! I W4NT 2 B A GAME DESINGERE!!!11" people.
                  While most are just plain annoying, some might actually have good idea's that will contribute to the growth of the mod. IMO you should just let them post their crazy rants, and then participate in the discussions to encourage/discourage the modders to listen to the idea at hand. That's what community forums are for, no?

Comment

Aye, I don't mind people wanting changes, I just wanted to put a counter point out here, and I am glad other people agree. I just want more of the game!

Comment

I'm definitely of the opinion that easy difficulty should be easier than it is. By no means a cakewalk, but it does get old when you've spent an hour trying to figure a map out and get creamed at the end because of some little mistake. The devs are experts at the maps by now, but the rest of us mere mortals would prefer not to have to delete the mod in frustration because we can't get past a particular point.

Cheers,
                      Vurt

Comment

try play Hard on singleplayer, and you'll know why easy is called easy...

(plz excuse my language for what i am about to say)
                        for all you noobies, teamkillers, dumba$$es out there, that DO NOT know the map well, theres something called single player, thats the place where you explorer how to play map, triggers, find how each of the class works. yes u can learn from online, alright fine, but imagen a server with 6 players trying to beat AO-Barracks, but had to restart for more than 26 times gets you frustrating, and it's the same people who gets infested all the time, i mean be real, i'm pretty sure after 3rd time u get infested, at least learn where the bug spawn is at.

and that comes to conclusion that the game system is fine as it is, easy is really is, whats lacking is team efforts
                        Tip 1: use sentry as a stair case
                        Tip 2: walk on active mines so when alien gets near you, they burn

Comment

That is more than a little harsh, how the hell is someone supposed to learn all of the nooks and crannies of AS without playing with other people, the ai are good enough but sometimes criminally stupid and if they can't figure out where they are going wrong and there is noone to point them in the right direction, they may just up and leave (Wolfe and cat bitching at each other is entertaining, but doesn't give many useful pointers... ). They will probably get alot better very soon, its been noted there is a dramatic increase in tactics and such within a day or two (I wish, for me at least... Gib anyone?).

Comment

Oh yes, its damn well inconsiderate too, you were a noob once too, and the game has not been out very long and i would be suprised if you were anywhere near as good as some of the testers yet. Off get you High horse your, say master yoda.

Comment

well, actually, i've actually played the single player, and beat it before playing multiplayer. thats where i can prove you wrong, so by the time i play with the rest of HUman (i suppose u can call them that, other than sometimes they forget their brain for the game) i am already an intermediate.

anyway, we are getting off topic here, like i said earlier, Easy mode IS easy if u havn't played HARD mode.
                              Tip 1: use sentry as a stair case
                              Tip 2: walk on active mines so when alien gets near you, they burn

Comment

Working...
                              X