Barracks on SP!?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barracks on SP!?!?!?

Ok so I know how to beat it right... only problem is my whole team gets raped at the very last stretch when you run to the dropship. I've only managed to get through w/ like two people. I tried to use stimpacks but they still just got mowed down by the hordes of swarm. So what strategy should I use? I don't think sentry guns would work because they come from everywhere. I tried taking it slowly up and that just proved to be fruitless. I need all my marines to survive but I don't know how I'm going to do it, the ai just don't want to protect the flanks.

or every1 can ignore my cries for help

Comment

I just finished this, but I have to admit, even on easy difficulty I had to resort to god mode and simply ran through the last two rooms with my squad on follow mode.

I don't feel too bad about it since I must have tried this mission about a dozen times, and didn't have the patience to try it a dozen more until I got it just right.

One possibility might be for the following marines to be carrying flamers and autoshotguns for the final run. Since there's no friendly-fire for the computer controlled marines, they might be able to clear a path in spite of not covering their flanks properly on the run.

Cheers,
      Vurt

Comment

agh, this mission.. me and my band of friends tried to beat it and we must have replayed it like ... over 1000 times, cuz someone always dies at the end huge massive swarm :/ , so were just replaying the campaign for fun

Comment

This one wasn't too hard in MP coop. Played it a few times and made it.

You just have to rush like hell in the end and spray around with autoguns hoping you don't die.

The next map, observation or something.. that's difficult. We've played it something like 8 times with our coop-team and the escaping part still eludes us ;D

Comment

Not really on single player mode. But still cool

click

Comment

I used a sentry for this mission - set it up in the last doorway, and then did a runner. It seemed to make the difference I needed to get through.

For me, the most annoying part of this mission was the two different start locations. So it's amusing when you get Wolfe, Wildcat, and Crash at one place, and Faith (with a pistol only) at the other one. Challenge!

Comment

Originally posted by Omega
                Not really on single player mode. But still cool

click
                Holy crap Batman. That's insane - you get R E S P E C T.

Comment

hehe, very nice omega, I'll try a sentry at last doorway and just try the run like hell tactic. I don't really want to put god mode on cause I want to have a sense of accomplishment. I'd almost be willing to continue if I just lost 1 person like Wolfe or Wildcat. Can't lose Crash cause hes my only tech , and Faith is just my awesome medic. Hopefully I can break through the 30th time then

Comment

We didn't play with godmode either.

Comment

We didn't play with godmode either.
                      Yeah I know i was talking about another guys post my bad I shoulda quoted. Thats on MP with people who can think though. AI tends to die easily

Comment

Hm, my AI survive much better then humans. It's all about positioning. Think tutorial.

Comment

I found this map very easy when i notice certain strategys and triggers.... Made it with Jaeger and ... I didnt even need personal Medikits (Well, i would have needed but Crash on lvl 1 didnt take that much punishment...).

Hm, my AI survive much better then humans
                          The AI dosnt know how to rush or do suicides :/

Comment

Rush!!!! Flame!!! Shotgun!!! Woohoo

Comment

I just legged it as fast as I could through the last few areas of the Barracks, seemed to work out fine for me

Comment

Working...
                              X