Funky godmode infested tomfoolery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funky godmode infested tomfoolery

Saw something rather funky testing offline just now, if you get infested by a parasite and near death turn on godmode... your body explodes just like it would when you die normally... however as godmode is on you still live... and are able to run around the map as a pair of legs :p
    Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
    - Kalias

Don't tell me you played this mod with godmode on offline.

Comment

omg haha im so gonna go try that now

Comment

Originally posted by Omega
        Don't tell me you played this mod with godmode on offline.
        Wouldnt it be lamer to play it with godmode on *online*?
        Fuzzle was killed by Player.
        Player: is FF on?

Comment

It's lame either way. (Unless you are a tester and you have to test something real fast. Cheatcodes used to be debug codes you know that? )

Comment

I was testing the effect of cheats in gameplay (good enough for you?)
            :p

on a barely related note: allammo doesn't work

Unless you are using an assault rifle... it DOES refill grenades

Comment

It's lame either way. (Unless you are a tester and you have to test something real fast. Cheatcodes used to be debug codes you know that? )
              You had to know that someone was gonna try the UT
              cheatcodes offline didn't you? They won't work online
              anyway so I don't see what it hurts.
              That sounds damn funny by the way.

Comment

I'm not saying that it hurts anything. I don't mind either. I just said that because it was a bit sad to run through the level like that if you can't beat the levels.

Comment

there is a way of enabling god mode online, wont say it here obviously but it has been done.
                  www.utskills.com
                  #Swarm.Pickup on irc.quakenet.org -=Official Alien Swarm Pickup Channel Powerd by Multiplay.co.uk=-
                  #UTSkills on irc.quakenet.org

Comment

No I have not played through the game with god mode on, I just like testing things.
                    Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
                    - Kalias

Comment

LOL! That was really funny! I tried it out but only got it to work once though...I just died even with god mode..

Comment

Try "loaded".
                        Immortius' Forge

Comment

Heh, after reading this i tried godmode. At first i thought it was working, but then Wolfe got infected and promptly died. Hehe :p

So... *cough* what are the cheats anyway?
                          "One way express elevator to hell... going down!" - Hudson (Aliens)

Comment

I'm not saying that it hurts anything. I don't mind either. I just said that because it was a bit sad to run through the level like that if you can't beat the levels.
                            1. most aren't using it to run thru the levels because
                            they can't beat them.
                            2. It doesn't help win the level as much as you might think.
                            I tried it because for me easy mode is damn hard.
                            It may be easy for you as part of the team. Because
                            you know alot more about it than someone just
                            starting out.
                            The problems for me are, i am so used to first person
                            shooters that the topdown controls are hard to master.
                            The ai get stuck, and you have to keep switching between the players on single mode to accomplish anything. Then the timer runs out. Or we get killed
                            by the overwhelming hordes of aliens.
                            You maybe might want to tone down the easy mode
                            somehow. easy should be just that: easy. Then when you master it and get to know the levels players can bump up the difficulty. keep the other modes as difficult as they are now. But I think you should keep the new player in mind on easy mode. I don't mean
                            make it a cakewalk but the way it is the aliens come so fast about all you have time to do is die.
                            Last edited by Ghostly apparition; 2 Jun 2004, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Yes! Thats bad ppl!

/me goes play some single player and posts new timeattack times

Comment

Working...
                              X