NOT sure if this is a bug but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOT sure if this is a bug but....

When an alien gets up close, as in touching you, your rifle is unable to hit them. Your forced to back up and try and out run them back wards while firing, or to go mele, which we all know is well its not really any way of fighting.

if this was intended sorry, and I guess ill learn to use mele more efficiently

You should be able to shoot things that are eating you. I haven't encountered this problem. (Athough stepping back and firing seems like an excellent decision, in any case!)
    Meow.

Comment

yeah when an alien is RIGHT on you it takes like 4 times longer for it to die, maybe i should start practicing with melee attack

Comment

in another topic someone proved that when u fire on yourself with nades and flamer u actually shoot up in the sky
        could it be the same problem with any weapon?
        so maybe u think u r firing at the alien but if your crosshair is over your marine u might be firing straight up in the air and offcourse hitting nothing ?

Comment

NO knight, you missunderstand.

My cross hair is ahead of the target or rather behind it, sence its rushing at me.

the problem has to do with where the bullets are leaving my gun, sence the alien can get close enough to actually be between me and the end of my guns barrel, he manages to put him self in a sort of LIMBO where his mele attacks are hitting but my gun barrel is going right though him and firing rounds behind him. Heres a shitty symbol picture explination.

M = marine
          A = alien
          - - = Gun barrle
          > > > = bullets

M-A-> > >

I hope that makes sence

Comment

[QUOTE=tinygod
            M = marine
            A = alien
            - - = Gun barrle
            > > > = bullets

M-A-> > >
            [/QUOTE]

Thats what would happen in reallife with a assaultrifle... Thats why you have shotguns that work perfectly well in melee...

Comment

While we're on the subject of melee, I really think you should be able to slap stuff while reloading. That is when you need it the most and it's very frustrating having to reload before being able to swing your weapon. You could make the reload pause or abort for realism and balance's sake.

You also can't melee if you have no weapon equipped, don't know if thats intended or not.
              Fuzzle was killed by Player.
              Player: is FF on?

Comment

i never really paid attention to that problem but if i start thinking i got it a few times too
                usually when aliens get close i try to run away while shooting and then i actually gotta have a very little room between me and the alien before i hit it
                but then again, most of the time they dont have a chance to get close

Comment

The bullets don't come from the gun barrel, so this isn't your problem...
                  Meow.

Comment

well the bullets come from where than.

because i have tested this with god mode on.

and if the alien is TOUCHING you, you cant shoot it.

Comment

Sure you can.

Comment

I don't have this problem, anyone else?
                        Meow.

Comment

Its not really a problem if you aren't going to just stand still and let it attack you. I have noticed that at point blank the weapons are much less affective. But then again if you are standing still while an alien got close enough to hump your spleen you deserve to die.

I'd just document it saying "if an alien is close enough to give you the 'no feeling' your ability to hurt it drasticly decreases" and call it a feature. It makes sense that engaged at close range with an alien your gun is going to be harder to handle. Thats what melee is for.

-
                          Telic Corporation

Comment

Does melee even work all that well, havent had a chance to try it myelf.
                            "Small phones, short skirts and compact cars are all the rave these days; someday, the small penis will be in style and then YOU will be the man."

Comment

Two melee hits kill one alien.

Not bad, huh?
                              Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Working...
                              X