Lt. Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lt. Williams

An interesting tip on Rescue. So I was playing MP and we had started to move when Williams decided to get himself stuck inbetween this pole and a rail (in the area right where you meet him). So we were completely lossed as to what to do. We tried shooting him then we tried pushing him and nothing seemed to get him to move. So I promptly fired a grenade at him and blasted him 10 feet through the air. He then started to follow us again. hehe

Strangely I've had this guy drop dead several times on the lift and I'm not sure why, I think it may have something to do with making him wait on the grating before the lift arrives, also in certain cases the grating has opened well before the lift arrived and several marines have plummeted to their deaths, with the remaining ones stuck on low health as the lift rises only to be lowered again.
    Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
    - Kalias

Comment

I recommend you do not wait on the grate....

Comment

i set williams on fire if he doesnt come...

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
          I recommend you do not wait on the grate....
          Usually it doesn't open until the lift reaches the top. I don't know about you but having characters just drop dead ruins the immersement for me... hence why I'm making these posts in the hope they will be 'fixed'.
          Seems every time I mention things like this and bugs the response is 'Don't do it then.' :/
          Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
          - Kalias

Comment

It's kind of a silly thing to do in general. Would YOU stand on a grate that's going to move out from under your feet, sending you on a two-story+ fall?

Comment

plus im sure you can see all of the eggs on the lift...
              Phalanx Campaign
              Executive CEO of NCM Mining Co. (Corvus Campaign)

Comment

I never stand on the grating because I'm busy shooting the stuff coming from south. If you use the radar you can shoot the bugs long before they even get in your view. The problem is that I can only cover one of the two passages and I need someone to cover the other. This gets frustrating if the rest of my team is standing on the grating running around like chickens with their head cut off.
                And yeah I've seen people die for no reason at all while on the lift. They seem to get squashed or something. Stay away from the walls I guess.
                It also happened a game where the lift would stop midway. This happened like 3 times in a row but never happened again, weird.
                Fuzzle was killed by Player.
                Player: is FF on?

Comment

Place a sentry or two in front of the lift, then sit back, enjoy a drink and watch aliens gib all over the place.

Comment

Pff sentries are for wussies! Get an ammo bag instead and do the killing yourself
                    Fuzzle was killed by Player.
                    Player: is FF on?

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
                      It's kind of a silly thing to do in general. Would YOU stand on a grate that's going to move out from under your feet, sending you on a two-story+ fall?
                      It's less of a fall from the grate to the floor than from up top to the floor, so yes :p

Either way there's still a problem with Williams dropping dead there, I suppose, going by the 'stay away from the walls' comment it may be due to the fact that he doesn't get off the grate when it opens and simply waits until it pulls him to the edge and he is forced off.
                      - Kalias

Comment

Working...
                      X