Friendly fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friendly fire

It's been like a week or so sense Alien Swarm came out and you still haven't fixed the friendly fire bullshit. The game is no fun online when shotguns and flamethrowers are killing everyone.

It ruins the god damn game. Go fix it, restore the option to turn FF off which is already in UT2k3. Should only take a few minutes, then you can say "omg there is a patch to make the game fun". People will download and be happy. GOOGOGOG PATCH RUSH.

This is why I vote for a no-option.
    Fuzzle was killed by Player.
    Player: is FF on?

Comment

OMG AND THESE PARASITES TOO!! THEY NEED TO BE FIXED IMMEDIATLY!!!!

Comment

Friendly fire must stay, it actually makes you think before you shoot instead of blind firing.

Comment

FF is a core part of the game, it's supposed to be on.. but I would still like an option to turn it off.

Btw, public games might be needing some "lamer control" options in the future, like damage is reflected back and people getting banned after x TKs, like other games have.. you never know what sort of asshats might appear

Not that I've seen any..
          "God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
          - Voltaire

#fegis @ irc.quakenet.org
          www.fegis.nu

Comment

Originally posted by Gogge
            Btw, public games might be needing some "lamer control" options in the future, like damage is reflected back and people getting banned after x TKs, like other games have..
            Now, there's an idea! Make FF reflective (like in Call of Duty) and you keep both parties happy. Instead of killing your teammate, you kill yourself. It would teach people real quick to be careful. At least maybe it could be an option.

I agree that you can't turn FF off completely, otherwise the whole "strategy" element of the game gets thrown out the window. Everyone will just run into every single room with guns a' blazin'. Wouldn't be much fun.

Comment

the point is they need to make it an option.

or to make it reflective.

because the game JUST came out, and last night I ran into 10 different occasions of people tking at the end.

example:

we went though the entire campaign, were on the last mission with only one person missing. FAITH DIED

the guy who was playing faith asked us to restart the second to last mission sence thats when he died. We said DAMN that we got one left, and the last 10 trys on the second to last mission we lost over 3.

so we went on. A couple losses and retrys later the guy playing sarge had to go, so the player who was faith stepped up.

a couple more trys later. We actually had it beat, and hadnt lost any one.

we were 10 second from finishing when the faith guy I think his name was freeseed or some such crap, went FF happy and slaughterd the entire team. We looose than just leaves.

Comment

Wtf And The Whole Alien Thing Is Bullshit My Mom Says Theres Are No Alians Stupid Alians Swarm

Comment

Originally posted by Jray
                  Now, there's an idea! Make FF reflective (like in Call of Duty) and you keep both parties happy. Instead of killing your teammate, you kill yourself. It would teach people real quick to be careful. At least maybe it could be an option.

I agree that you can't turn FF off completely, otherwise the whole "strategy" element of the game gets thrown out the window. Everyone will just run into every single room with guns a' blazin'. Wouldn't be much fun.

LOL, very BAD idea to make it reflective
                  simple example:
                  i m playing a minigunner, its my job to clear the front.
                  some idiot technical keeps running in front of me just to get kills
                  i dont stop pulling the trigger
                  1 dead idiot technical
                  next time he either leaves to make room for a decent player or he learns not to run in front of minigunners who s job it is to be at the front

if you make FF reflective then the laming will start of idiots running into other ppl's line of fire
                  this would be devastating for good minigunners and flamers

FF should stay on all the time, no option
                  its a crucial part of the game and great to work out some tactical skills
                  i ve seen teams of 3 ppl without medic rape trough an entire level cause they had great cooperation and everybody used his marine for the right job

my own vision about the classes:
                  - minigunners always front
                  - medics always behind the minigunners to heal or fix parasites
                  - explosives with flamer/shotgun/rifle at the sides if possible, else behind the medics
                  - technicals all the way in the back covering the rear.

a 50/50 mix between technicals and explosives is nice too
                  but definately minis up front and medics behind them

just like minigunners should carry ammo bags (for themselves and to provide the team)
                  medics 2 x satchel and a pistol
                  others: sentry or ammo depending on level

in my eyes those things give a decent team a very high chance of survival BUT only on rare occasions i see stuff like that or something similar being worked out online which results in failure after failure. there is no fun in replaying the first 20 meters of a round 10 times in a row ...

and i personally hope that marine vs marine is implemented soon
                  4v4 pure tactics which results in clans training in team and have good teamplay. and then that great FF factor that just yells out for caution so ppl dont go on a rampage and it stays tactical

Comment

Originally posted by Knight
                    LOL, very BAD idea to make it reflective
                    simple example:
                    my own vision about the classes:
                    - minigunners always front
                    - medics always behind the minigunners to heal or fix parasites
                    - explosives with flamer/shotgun/rifle at the sides if possible, else behind the medics
                    - technicals all the way in the back covering the rear.

just like minigunners should carry ammo bags (for themselves and to provide the team)
                    medics 2 x satchel and a pistol
                    others: sentry or ammo depending on level
                    Minigunners are crap infront at low lvls for start.
                    Medics should be infront of techs who arent rushing, or near the heavy weapons do to the fact that flamer is bestly used infront, away from teammates not like autogun wich has autoaim and low spread if used rightly. Techs are good infront, the P-rifles stun granade saves lifes if used correctly with flamer/mines. Mostly Heavy guys are a) rushing infront of flamers b) Shooting teammates with autogun on lvl 4+ c) whining about explosive people burning aliens infront of them.

IMHO heavy guy is only good for defense, or rush in partys. Minigun is crap in low lvls no matter how good you are, flamer is the most powerfull gun in the game (just look at the teamkills ).

And if im forced to be a medic, i grab assault rifle flamer and flashlight if there is no sign of teamwork.

Comment

i m not even gonna bother to respond decently on that OT post that clearly proves that you yourself aint a teamplayer and dont know the ability of all your weapons (especially the autogun and yes, even at low level)

lets keep it on topic with FF feedback :p

Comment

The only thing wrong with how it currently works are the people whining about it :x
                        It is a hinderance but in a good way, it makes you watch your fire and completely eliminates spam (unless you are all alone, in which case FF on or off wouldn't matter anyway). No FF would ruin half the concept of this mod.
                        Make it optional and most servers will be overruled by people with opinions such as the original poster.

I prefer ut2kx TDM or Assault with FF on but there are almost no servers with it, even though me and most people I know think it's more fun. Strange isnt it?
                        Fuzzle was killed by Player.
                        Player: is FF on?

Comment

If the community gets big enough to keep a couple of servers full large parts of the day it'll definitly need some kind of "lamer control" options. The bad seeds of the community will most certainly have a couple of months worth of "field days" without some sort of protection.

But on the other hand, it might work just as well as it is now..
                          "God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
                          - Voltaire

#fegis @ irc.quakenet.org
                          www.fegis.nu

Comment

Friendly fire is what makes the mod in multiplayer. You have the danger of not only the aliens but the people that are on your team. Teamwork is what it comes down two. If you don't rush rambo style through the level you can cover each other rather than risk shooting, or burniating(TROGDOR!) your allies.

If you don't want to worry about friendly fire from your own teammates then you should just stick to the singleplayer. The AI works on "line of site" so if it can't see it then it won't shoot through the person in front of it lol . Only thing to worry about is your dumb self shooting up your team.

Please don't bug the devs to break the game just because you can't stay alive.

-
                            Telic Corporation

Comment

Originally posted by Mek
                              (TROGDOR!)
                              Was a man! I mean... he was a, dragon-man!
                              Hehe :p

Anyway, from what i've played so far, as long as there's some good teamwork online play's just fine. You can cover each other without perforating one anothers heads if you're well co-ordinated.

Single player however, is a bit irritating, since your team mates bunch up, and block doorways etc... They tend to get in the way, and get a bit of splash from each other, or myself when the Aliens really charge in...
                              "One way express elevator to hell... going down!" - Hudson (Aliens)

Comment

Working...
                              X