Cosmetic suggestions/additions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmetic suggestions/additions

Ok, after playing more intensively for a while, here's a few cosmetic changes to stop confusion.

1: I noticed that the big "HACKING" line got canned. I mean the line that appears over a techie when he starts hacking into a terminal. Right now you have to be up real close to see what he's doing.

You might want to consider adding it back again, but not as large a message as it used to be. The reason for this is that I've started a hack every so often (or a weld-cut), and someone else comes along, thinks were all waiting at the door, and starts unloading his precious ammo into the door. A simple message over my head would've informed him that I was allready busy opening it, and it would've spared him his ammo.

2. I'd like a whisper command.
    No not a whisper command as in any other game, where you whisper a message to your teammates only (kind of pointless when theres only one human controlled team). I'd rather like a whisper command that shows your typed message over your head (Diablo2 style). To avoid spamming, make the system cut off any message if its too long (text friendly fire? "Watch were youre spamming!" heh).

This message would also be relayed to everyone else through the chatboard, like any other message. However, it would also be displayed above your head.

The reason this would be helpfull is because it's semi difficult to grab someones attention through the main chatboard. Coordination would be much easier if you can point the exact location with just a single message instead of having to have the other person identify your marine first.

One small change I definately want is an indicator of infected players when holding the walk button. Make their health bar green or something.
    In a heated situation (like the behemoth in Ao-uplink) it gets very tricky as a medic to see just who is infected and needs curing.
    Fuzzle was killed by Player.
    Player: is FF on?

Comment

That big "Hacking" line is just part of the trailers "subtitles". It was never in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
        1: I noticed that the big "HACKING" line got canned. I mean the line that appears over a techie when he starts hacking into a terminal. Right now you have to be up real close to see what he's doing.
        Aie?
        There's a serverside option (In AOClient.ini) that controls wheter Techs will send a text message when they start hacking, and inform players of their progress.
        It should be on by default, so i can't see how you missed it...
        Last edited by Master-Builder; 2 Jun 2004, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Master-Builder, he means the "HACKING" from the trailer. You'll also see "TRAPS" and "SUPERIOR FIREPOWER". You want to see those too V12US?

Comment

Originally posted by Omega
            Master-Builder, he means the "HACKING" from the trailer.
            He might, but he stated that there was no way of telling if the tech was hacking... Which there is.

Comment

Hmm. You know what...

I think this could be a good idea for the portrait.
              Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Working...
              X