Just had a GREAT idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had a GREAT idea

How about making it so that if you choose flares.

1) the aliens Fear the light, not nesseceryily because there afraid of it, but rather because they are so adept to maneuver in the dark that their light amplifiaction is INSANE, thus the FLARES are "BLINDING"

2) you could use your precious few flares, not only to help your teams accuracy improve by improving their vision but also to blind those alien bastards.

3) you could show this by forcing the ALIENS to stay a certain distance from acitve flares, and that aliends caught in the flare would be unable to TARGET MARINES.

what do you think?

PS: i of course see the possibility for SPAMMING, and if this were introduced the number of flares would be drasticaly reduced, or they would be made specific to just one certain race. PERHAPS THE MEDICS.

ALA STAR CRAFT HEHE

*cough*Pitch Black*Cough*

Comment

I thought making the aliens allergic to bullets and fire would be enough.
      Telic Corporation

Comment

Gee, you are full of idea's aren't you?

Comment

lol Well my only point is, it would be a better way to use flares, sence right now the p gun, autocannons, shotguns, and flame throwers dont need them.

I mean the only one who needs them is the regular assault rifle, and they can pick the flash light instead.

True the Flares, do provide illumination but It would be nice if the creatures that can see clearly in the dark should be effected in some way by a brilliant flash of magnesium fuled light

Comment

No need to be rude Omega.

I'd considered this idea tinygod, making the aliens avoid flares.. but I think that'd make flares quite useless, since you WANT aliens inside the flare light so you autoaim at them.

Comment

Flares > flashlight, since they benefit the entire team.
              Meow.

Comment

If this game is truely based on aliens, then this would be a bad idea since i don't even think the aliens had eyes...

Comment

well dalai, I of course under stand that, but there would be times that they would be HIGHLY usefull. like in situations like this.

1) last lvl where the bahemoths are, IE: cutting a path to that last hack terminal.

2) that area in the maps wher the power goes out, and you have to run blindly.

3) tossing one at people who are OVER RUN, IE: when your medic gets jumped.

I mean it would add another aspect to the game, that I personaly think would be awesome.

But sence the rest of You seem to think that me suggesting ideas to a mod team who are in beta status, is RUDE or un needed, ill just keep my mouth shut. " that should keep OMEGA happy", although I thought that was the point, of a forum such as this for a mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
                    If this game is truely based on aliens, then this would be a bad idea since i don't even think the aliens had eyes...

Pssst! Pheromone Grenade!

Comment

Originally posted by Warlust
                      Pssst! Pheromone Grenade!
                      bah i don't want to just throw a grenade and make all the aliens nearby do something though, i would rather

Comment

Me too, rather just kill the aliens instead of having them chase me down after the grenade's affect has worn off.
                        "Small phones, short skirts and compact cars are all the rave these days; someday, the small penis will be in style and then YOU will be the man."

Comment

then again it could be overpowered, imagine how easy it would be to place a ring of flares then wait around at the end of AO-salvage

Comment

Originally posted by tinygod
                            But sence the rest of You seem to think that me suggesting ideas to a mod team who are in beta status, is RUDE or un needed
                            I personally love reading suggestions and ideas, even if they don't make it into the game.

Comment

Yeah, I know it would be possible to exploit it.

but you could make the flare last a shorter period of time, perhaps the lenght of a STIM pack or somehting like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X