A couple voice bugs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple voice bugs.

Yeah, so when Wildcat says Medic or I need Ammo with F3 or F4 (or whatever you bound it to manually) there's no sound. The text is still there, as is the (+) or ammo icon, but no voice. It could be a corrupted sound file on my part; who knows? I invite you to try it out.

This...isn't really a bug, and is rather difficult for me to say\type, but when Faith says "Medic" or "I need ammo" it just doesn't sound convincing to me. Especially when so much feeling is put in when she says "Marine down!" or in a shaky, trying-to-reassure-herself voice after being injured, "I'm okay, I'm okay..!" I'm sure better can be done!

Along that thought, nobody else says any form of "Marine down," "Teammate down," "Man down," etc.
    Last edited by Hybrid; 3 Jun 2004, 12:55 AM.

It's not a bug -- there aren't sound files for several of those emotes.

On a random tangent, where's your signature from?
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Counter: Why aren't there sound clips for those emote? Everyone except Wildcat has one. (at least for the Medic and Need Ammo)

I was waiting for someone to ask. It's from a book called "Dragon and Thief" by Timothy Zahn. Given my extreme likage of dragons, and the whole thing with Thiever-? (I don't know how to spell it) it's rather fitting, I think. An added bonus, addressing the whole DM thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
        Counter: Why aren't there sound clips for those emote? Everyone except Wildcat has one. (at least for the Medic and Need Ammo)
        Those emotes were added late during testing, long after most of the voice acting had been finished. Couldn't get in contact with the person who'd voice acted Wildcat, hence the lack of sound for her emotes.

Originally posted by Salsa
        I was waiting for someone to ask. It's from a book called "Dragon and Thief" by Timothy Zahn. Given my extreme likage of dragons, and the whole thing with Thiever-? (I don't know how to spell it) it's rather fitting, I think. An added bonus, addressing the whole DM thing.
        I liked the quote, and looking at it now, it does remind me of Zahn. Haven't read that one of his, though -- is it new?
        Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

If you consider February 2003 new... :p

And as for the sound. Okay, I understand.

Comment

I'm always ready to do more stuff, tho. Hmm... You guys wouldn't mind if I recorded "Need ammo!" and "Medic!" with my Wildcat imitation voice, would you?
            Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

I had wondered who had voice-acted which character... so that's whom DQ voice-acted really... :p
              My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

Play through the campaign, and watch the outro.

Comment

I've noticed people on the boards praising the in-game chatter between characters during missions, including conversations. Sadly, I haven't noticed any besides the odd, one-line remark. I'm wondering if there's an option somewhere that I've set that turns this off, or if it's specific to a certain difficulty setting or something.

Cheers,
                  Vurt

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
                    Play through the campaign, and watch the outro.

Yeah, I had suspected that those would be at the end credits.

However, the end credits seem an unreachable goal to me.
                    Reason a) I suck at playing Alien Swarm, I'm not used to hyperspeed action.

b) It's really hard! (Still, I'm not complaining! )

c) While I can have the graphic details higher than with vanilla UT2K4, the sheer amount of characters jumping on the screen causes jerkiness with my crappy processor - makes playing even harder with such a frantic game. Even a microsecond's loss of fps and bam, the team's been eaten. I've so far succeeded playing through only the Reactor core mission... And almost got through Rescue.

I'll have to give this a better try on my friend's computer though.
                    My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

The banter happens between Wolfe and Wildcat, also between Sarge and Jaeger. If either of those pairs are in your team, you should hear some of it.
                      Meow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucchus
                        However, the end credits seem an unreachable goal to me.
                        You can always "cheat" to get it...
                        Open console and type: "Map AOC-Outro"

Comment

"Map" ? What is this, Quake?

"Open" !
                          Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Originally posted by DusKer
                            The banter happens between Wolfe and Wildcat, also between Sarge and Jaeger. If either of those pairs are in your team, you should hear some of it.
                            Ah, thanks, that explains it. I've never had both pairs on my team at once, preferably taking one of each class.

Cheers,
                            Vurt

Comment

Working...
                            X