X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is black cat going to release more maps later

like have bonus packs with new maps and such

<shamelessplug>
    I'm working on a map for Alien Swarm based on the setting of the film Pitch Black. It's still early in development, although I do have some info and a couple pictures in this thread.

Given the unique nature of the mod, I'll expect quite a few community mappers will take a crack at it. After doing so many first-person maps something like this is a welcome change, and opens up all sorts of interesting map design opportunities
    My UT2004 maps
    Ao-BugCity

Comment

Personally I think they should release it as a full game with a few more campaigns would sell well IMO.
      Multiplay Clanservers
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Killing
        Personally I think they should release it as a full game with a few more campaigns would sell well IMO.
        do you know how much a license of the unreal engine costs ?
        or how much work it is to find a publisher etc...

it is a mod and it will always be
        The Man

Join the official Alien Swarm irc channel:
        #AlienSwarm on irc.starchat.net

Comment

Shame these guys deserve to get some financial gain for the hours of work they have put into the fantastic mod, I'd certainly by it
          Multiplay Clanservers
          [email protected]

Comment

Shame these guys deserve to get some financial gain for the hours of work they have put into the fantastic mod, I'd certainly by it
            Trust me, if they show up this mod to the right kind of people, they are certainly gona get a chanse to get a well paid job somewhere (At least, thats what I hope)

Comment

Originally posted by Blackclaw
              do you know how much a license of the unreal engine costs ?
              or how much work it is to find a publisher etc...

it is a mod and it will always be

Well fingers crossed you guys get a free license when u win MSUC
              www.utskills.com
              #Swarm.Pickup on irc.quakenet.org -=Official Alien Swarm Pickup Channel Powerd by Multiplay.co.uk=-
              #UTSkills on irc.quakenet.org

Comment

Oh indeed where do I place my vote
                Multiplay Clanservers
                [email protected]

Comment

Oh yes. I know where i place every one elses votes

/me goes get the blacksuite and sledgehammer

Comment

I'd certainly by it
                    Same here. It'd be interesting to see what the results of a PayPal thingy on their web page would be.

I'm not sure that that would get around engine licensing costs, if there are any tho.

Comment

Well.. I think *enter name of the company who released UT2004, I cant remember* should buy the copywright to Alien Assault and sell it "as their own game", that way the Dev-team can get some dinaros for their work, the UT2004company earns even more money, and us the community gets to buy an AWESOME game that will include a laaarge campaign, with looots of new characters and different sort of missions and much more

Edit: Funny.. I remember the name of BlackCat, but I cant for my life remember the name of the creators of UT2004. Proves how much I love AS compared to UT *LoL*

Comment

I would certainly pay for more maps too...
                        This is not just a game...it's the most thrilling and exciting game ive ever played, mixed with lots of strategies and ultimate teamwork possibilities!
                        Can I get an "Amen" ?

Comment

Originally posted by ForrestFox
                          Well.. I think *enter name of the company who released UT2004, I cant remember* should buy the copywright to Alien Assault and sell it "as their own game", that way the Dev-team can get some dinaros for their work, the UT2004company earns even more money, and us the community gets to buy an AWESOME game that will include a laaarge campaign, with looots of new characters and different sort of missions and much more

Edit: Funny.. I remember the name of BlackCat, but I cant for my life remember the name of the creators of UT2004. Proves how much I love AS compared to UT *LoL*

EPIC GAMES

Comment

Working...
                          X