Who the heck is speaking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who the heck is speaking?

Currently you can't tell who's talking on voice comms ingame, in original 2k4 you get a huge window at the side saying who is doing it.

I was thinking that there could maybe be an overlay over the portrait when someone is talking, or perhaps a symbol next to it (like the 'in radar range' symbol we have currently).

As much as I like being able to speak anonymously it would be useful to see who is asking someone to 'Follow me'

In addition... would it be possible to also show playernames next to the portraits as opposed to just the character name (perhaps as a toggle, like you can with player names showing under characters when you see them on screen now)? I like to refer to people by name if possible and currently I'm having to go to the F1 menu to find out who is who.
    Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
    - Kalias

Sounds Good!
    Creater of the Unofficial 'n00blets guide to AlienSwarm' Available here: CLICK MA!

Comment

Those were all good points and think this should be in the next patch.
      "Small phones, short skirts and compact cars are all the rave these days; someday, the small penis will be in style and then YOU will be the man."

Comment

Hmm, nice ideas.

Comment

Hello? Testing, testing! Can you hear me?
          Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Yes, that's what I was thinking. (That exact symbol in fact... more than a little influenced by what I have seen in half life)

Either an overlay like that, or a small symbol just to the left.
            Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
            - Kalias

Comment

Couldn't we implement lip synchronisation instead?

:p

Comment

That or have stink lines coming out of the models mouth.
                "Small phones, short skirts and compact cars are all the rave these days; someday, the small penis will be in style and then YOU will be the man."

Comment

I really like the audio icon over peoples heads in ut2k4, the ((o)) thingie. Having that in ASwarm would rock.
                  Fuzzle was killed by Player.
                  Player: is FF on?

Comment

A similar sprite over the head of the character speaking would be nice too, or the name of the player and a sprite.
                    "God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
                    - Voltaire

#fegis @ irc.quakenet.org
                    www.fegis.nu

Comment

Working...
                    X