This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equip page should use the nicks not full name

I noticed in the single player the equip page uses the full char name instead of the nick name. I found myself constantly switching back and forward to find out who I was equiping. If it used the nick names all would be good.
    Multiplay Clanservers
    [email protected]

Yes, I have to say I found this rather annoying as well, several times thinking 'Who the heck is Corporal Jensen...', it would be nice if you could either use the nicknames only or alternatively use the combined <rank> <first name> <nickname> <lastname> format.
    Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
    - Kalias

Comment

Definately, I think most people memorize the marines by their nicknames.

Comment

Me too, but I have more or less gotten used to it, but I do call them Sarge, Faith, Crash, Wildcat, etc, instead of the real names, just like in real life, I call my friends by their nicknames and vice versa.

Comment

Hehe, being that my nick is Sarge it just makes things confusing for people. Hehe, one time the person playing Sarge was afk and they decide to kick him.... Naturally I'm the one kicked ... But I suppose that's what I get, but heck I've used this nick for 4 years now and I'm not changing :p

Comment

Edit by Dalai: Don't listen to this guy, he doesn't speak for the Swarm dev team. I think he's bitter because of friendly fire.

Thanks for the suggestions but no guys, that's part of the game and part of what makes it hard which is how WE want it so we aren't going to change that for you.

Comment

we = ?
              Last edited by [CoFR]Jacq; 3 Jun 2004, 06:27 PM. Reason: more descriptive version for JRock

Comment

Originally posted by JRock
                Thanks for the suggestions but no guys, that's part of the game and part of what makes it hard which is how WE want it so we aren't going to change that for you.
                So, you're on the Alien Swarm development team all of a sudden? :p

And what does that have to do with the nicks on the Equipment page? o_O

Comment

Nice suggestion, and just in time for the 1.1 patch.

Comment

So, uhh...

*jumps the suggestion bandwagon*

...how about showing the player names next to portraits, too? It's annoying trying to figure out who's playing who if they're off the screen. Well, it used to be more trouble back when we didn't have Medic! emoticon and people would use chat to shout it.

But still.

Norris -
                    (DeepQantas)
                    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Indeed, I made the same suggestion myself with a couple of other points: in this thread if you wish to view it. http://www.blackcatgames.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4243
                      Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
                      - Kalias

Comment

Hm, not much room up there. Maybe a toggle would work. For now, just hit F1.

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
                          So, you're on the Alien Swarm development team all of a sudden? :p

No, it's called sarcasm. Eventually, when you've been online for a while, you'll learn to be able to detect it.

And what does that have to do with the nicks on the Equipment page? o_O
                          My point, which clearly eluded you, was just to show what the common answer is from beta testers and the devteam regarding most suggestions around here.

Have a nice day.

Comment

Jrock, don't call the developers newbs because they aren't, and you ARE a newbie, we all are, if it wasn't for them creating this mod you couldn't even complain about it, and I think one of the rules is not to insult other users, it doesn't matter that "It happens everywhere" because it has no reason to happen here.

Comment

JRock: Stop trolling. Thread closed.

Comment

Working...
                              X