Final list of suggestions from meh ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final list of suggestions from meh ;)

Right, been playing intensively now and have managed to hone down to a smallish list the things that would effectively balance the game, without wrecking it, and improve / expand on the concept:

Ammunition changes:

Assault shotty - raise from 14 to 15 rounds per clip

Normal shotty - raise from 3 to 6 rounds per clip, reduce to 5 clips

Autogun - Improve clipsize to 300 from 250, no other change needed

Sentrygun - Improve clipsize to 500 from 250, make redeployable, limit to ONE per team.

Item changes -

Medic's kit - Improve baseline healthboost, and reduce bonus per skill level increase from 15 to 9 , reduce number of applications to remove parasite down to 3 at L1, going to 1 at L3+

Torch - should be installed as standard on the shoulder anyways, make a gun attachment something else (say enhanced target system).

Addon changes -

Implement a "grenade" slot for soldiers - Implementing things like nerve gas grenades or sticky grenades (creats blob of goo on floor which seriously slows down movement)

Implement "rescuable" marines (such as our friendly officer in L2) to allieviate dependence in SP campaign on same marines.

Implement a single stat point per mission gain for troopers who are NOT involved in a mission, just to make them vaguely effective if a primary marine dies.

Implement basic armortypes so that players can make a tradeoff between speed and protection.

---------

Think that pretty much covers it really,
    Nova

The autogun is probably the most powerful weapon (or damn close to it) in the game, it does not need a bigger clip.

I don't like your sentry ideas either. Only 1 per team isn't good and redployable is kind of meh. basically, 2 current sentries would be much better than your proposed sentry since they would do damage twice as fast and have the same total damage.

I also don't like the idea of stand alone grenades. rifles and shotguns firing 3 types of grenades is enough in my opinion. grenades that create semi persistant fields would be getting too close to the explosives marine abilities (mines).

Comment

agreed.

autoguns, are PWN as is.

Nades of other types are not needed although my little wish list for nades is as follows.

1) ammo packs, carry 5 nades of each type to be droped singly, ( we need a way to refill a couple of the ones we used, but not so many that we can spam)

2) the Fire nades from the shot gun, should explod if they hit an alien/friendly.

single stat point per mission, for inactive marines, would make it FAR too easy as it is people can already restart each misssion till its perfect.

armor types would be cool but we already have armor load outs per class. THe heavys have more health and are slower and so on. LETS FACE IT no one in their right mind would choose light armor every one would use heavy. Sence getting ahead of your team = death anyways, there is no need to run faster.

Comment

I thought the flame nades out of the auto shotgun blew up on impact with alien, but bounced off walls.
        "Small phones, short skirts and compact cars are all the rave these days; someday, the small penis will be in style and then YOU will be the man."

Comment

It seems a lot of us has some opinions on the sentry gun. And I agree that they feel just a tad underpowered sometimes. Generally I feel there's a lack of static defense stuff, right now we only have mines and a turret (which basically is a guy with an autogun only with no spare clips).
          Some more mine types would be awesome and being able to refill the sentry with a unique type of ammo would be cool as well.
          And dont forget to put an ammo counter on it! Make it show up on your screen when you walk up to it, or make it show permanently for the guy who deployed it.
          Fuzzle was killed by Player.
          Player: is FF on?

Comment

FUZZLE, you are a fucking genious.

AN AMMO COUNTER on the sentrys would be SOOOOO AWESOME. could look similar to the readouts on the assault rifles in ALIENS.

just a box that is above them, that reads the number of rounds in digital red numbers.

AS FOR them being no more than autogunners without spare clips. read this list of things that they do that auto gunners DONT.

1) never miss

2) DONT PANIC AND TURN AROUND FIRING

3) dont take damge from aliends

4) Dont deal Friendly Fire damage to teamates infront of them.

THAT IS A LOT.

not to mention the fact that they are like adding another person to your team, now while in an 8 man game they are great, in a 4 man game they are ESSENTIAL. And honestly they dont need more ammo. They are meant for fast defensive setups, do their job than go dead, by the time they run out of ammo you should be moving on.

MY ONLY COMPLAINT is that there isnt enough place to use them, its like you have to carry them to the END of the lvl with the exceptions of the elevator scene, and putting them down by the drop ship in the first mission.

BUT HEY with new maps coming, and community maps coming out every day IM SURE there will be plenty later.

Comment

Originally posted by tinygod

AN AMMO COUNTER on the sentrys would be SOOOOO AWESOME.
              Originally posted by Fuzzle
              And dont forget to put an ammo counter on it! Make it show up on your screen when you walk up to it
              LOL just wanted to point out that there is an ammo counter already and it does show up when you walk close to it.
              Telic Corporation

Comment

Originally posted by tinygod
                AN AMMO COUNTER on the sentrys would be SOOOOO AWESOME. could look similar to the readouts on the assault rifles in ALIENS.
                Dont forget that Aliens also had a bit where they had sentries with ammo readings I cant remember which ep it was (2 I think?) but it was a very cool scene, with the guy announcing the ammo constantly running lower without the bugs slowing down.

Edit:
                LOL just wanted to point out that there is an ammo counter already and it does show up when you walk close to it.
                Woa there is? I have not noticed that. Where does it show?

Comment

If you need to know the ammo on the sentry guns, just walk up close to them, it says in the lower left corner of your screen. I think its fine the way it is.
                  "Small phones, short skirts and compact cars are all the rave these days; someday, the small penis will be in style and then YOU will be the man."

Comment

I'm reminded every day that I'm still a noob at this...

Comment

Personnaly, I would like the ammo counter removed...

*dodges thrown sandwich*

...and instead a green light on the back of the turret slowly changes color from green to red. On the last 50 shells, the light would begin to blink red.
                      Grunt: How dangerous can parasites be?
                      Grunt has been infested with a parasite!
                      Grunt: Oh, I thought I could step on them.

Comment

one thing i would like to see more than anything is a difficulty factor that adjusts to the number of marines in your team.
                        say you are playing in a team of four instead of a full team of eight just half the rate at which unlimited alien spawns spit out aliens.
                        i dislike that the game gets harder just because less players join.

Comment

Technically, the game gets easier as more people join...

Comment

As for the ammo bag, in the descrip it says something along the lines of "Holds ammo for the entire squad"... I thought (at first) that this meant people could 'use' the carrier of the bag to get extra clips (to an extent, of course).

I would like THAT to be implemented! Before battles, everyone can rearm a bit. (Even though if you are running out of ammo, you're sticking around infinate spawns too much )

Edit: Doh! Never tried the right-click menu with an ammo bag
                            Last edited by Evilreaver; 7 Jun 2004, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Why not have Clips for the Sentry guns so you can reload them? Before you start shouting read this please 8P
                              Right, make clips for the sentry guns but dont put them in ammo bags... this way its up to the creator of the level to decide if they put the ammo in... this will open up more ideas for level design ... think *ALIENS* when their defending with the sentry's as someone has already spoken of it... yes they had limited ammo and couldnt reload them due to that but with ammo clips someone could re create that scenario but to last longer id like to see a level like this and lets face it the longer it runs the better ofcourse id like to see the sentry's run out of ammo and the ALIENS banging on the door's and you knowing *THEIR GOING TO GET IN* . ive mentioned this idea before, could be like *Level starts off* youve been sent to find out what happend... you scout area and find the Control room, in the control room you find out Aliens are heading for your location, you have Approxamately 10mins untill they arive(or less to make it more interesting ) and 40 mins till the drop ship arives to get you out so you have to survive untill then.

another thing id like to see is *Maps* lets face it.. e.g who goes to save someone like Lt Williams and doesnt plan their route and escape? fair enough if its not planned.
                              id just like to see an option to look at a layout of the level where you could plan "possible" routes through and the map showing where your objectives are OR where they are most likely to be OR not at all, keeping in mind that any Layout will be from before it was attacked so it wont show collapsed roofs thats blocked corridors or doors that wont open (map makers could have some fun), maybe it could be another tab at mission briefing so that you can choose to look at it or if you prefer not to then you dont have to or an *extra* item to take with you during the level (although the latter would probably make it too easy). its just an idea dont flame me if you dont like it... constructive criticism is much better .

Comment

Working...
                              X