Just a thought about the radar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a thought about the radar.

I was thinking that it would be nice to have some thing like MetalGearSolid looking radar in the corner than what is there now. It would be more useful. Espesially for people who just starting to play the game. Some of the levels seem to be a bit confusing. If some body likes the radar we have now, then may be it could be swiched back in game settings.

It isn't radar. It is a motion sensor just like the aliens movie. You should be glad that it even has a friend/foe display. When i played aliens online (older aliens game) we just saw movement, be it friend or foe.

Comment

My english isn't that good so i didn't think of calling it a sensor. Yeah i know it was taking from alien movie. I was just thinking that since those marines go in, then they know where to go, so i though that a map(MetalGearSolid style), that would have a motion sensor ability, would help a lot.

Comment

It isn't a motion sensor- it's a heat sensor.
        Stationary things are still picked up.

IMHO, The current sensor isn't very useful. It's basically another top-down view that (unless you are the tech) is off center, and therefore disorienting. In the time it takes for you to say "Ok, I guess I'm... that green dot, so the aliens are... there" you could have just panned the camera over and shot them.
        Grunt: How dangerous can parasites be?
        Grunt has been infested with a parasite!
        Grunt: Oh, I thought I could step on them.

Comment

omg

Comment

Originally posted by Evilreaver

IMHO, The current sensor isn't very useful. It's basically another top-down view that (unless you are the tech) is off center, and therefore disorienting. In the time it takes for you to say "Ok, I guess I'm... that green dot, so the aliens are... there" you could have just panned the camera over and shot them.
            adds realism if you ask me allthough it took some getting used to, more than once i was like oh man there's two guys way behind us and then i realised that it was me guarding the rear of our group.

just think about it as a helpfull tool, it's not supposed to be the ultimate alien locator, it's a warning system that tells you when to expect incoming hostiles allowing you to get ready.

Comment

It's just an excuse to let the techs shout 'We've got movement!'
              Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
              - Kalias

Comment

Originally posted by Brent Rivienne
                It's just an excuse to let the techs shout 'We've got movement!'
                lol yeah, techs are such posers, "we got movement", "i got the skills" but when the shit hits the fan it's the big boys that do the fighting while the techs hide like a bunch of pansies.

Comment

lol I take it youve never added starts to accuracy on crash.

OMFG with mabey 3 stars in ACC and that p gun, you might as well be wild cat your killing so fast.

and EMP NADES are the ULTIMATE oh shit im in trouble tool.

THEY DO GOT THE SKILLS.

as for radar, I never watch it, i just listen for the sounds it makes. IT REALLY DOES make specific sounds when aliens are comign, you just gotta learn what to listen for.

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that the P-Gun damage was increased by tech skill instead of accuracy?
                    Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
                    - Kalias

Comment

itd be cool if the radar had diff colours for Aliens/Marines/Doors etc.

also/or the colours could change as the get closer or the beeps get more frequent from beep....beep to beepbeepbeep
                      www.utskills.com
                      #Swarm.Pickup on irc.quakenet.org -=Official Alien Swarm Pickup Channel Powerd by Multiplay.co.uk=-
                      #UTSkills on irc.quakenet.org

Comment

I was thinking that MetalGearSolid style radar would be more useful, because it's always dark and a small map would give a feel to the room you are in. More tactical shooting can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Evilreaver

Bah well, it was not so in aliens i believe. Aliens online (HA) had it the same way too so that an alien player could evade detection by it by not moving.

oh and one of the devs said that the techie rifle's damage was based on tech skill in some thread on skills.

Comment

This may surprise you, but this game is not actually Aliens. There are similarities, but they are not the same. For example, the Aliens Motion Sensor had a 180-forward arc, whereas the AS Heat sensor has a 360-full arc.
                            I think the Aliens one pinged faster too, but not sure
                            Grunt: How dangerous can parasites be?
                            Grunt has been infested with a parasite!
                            Grunt: Oh, I thought I could step on them.

Comment

if you watch closer in the scene toward the end where they're sealing themselves in medlab to escape after the aliens get through their barricade, the movie tracker _does_ have 360 degree scan, it only shows 180 at a time though, as they move back into the room and the aliens presumably swarm overhead, the tracker starts to spin, showing targets in all directions.

Comment

Working...
                              X