It would be nice to see your position on scanner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It would be nice to see your position on scanner

It would be nice if you could see wich blip on the scanner was you, it's obvious enough when it's your scanner but when you are near a tech but cant see him and there are other freindlies on his scanner it can be hard to tell wich one is you. It would be nice to have a gold or some other colored dot for your position. Is this by design or did you just not implement it?

Good idea. Also, it might be nice to have little on screen icons telling you the general direction of each teammate if they are off screen.

Comment

Yeah sounds good. The fact that the scanner doesn't update that often also makes it really hard to tell sometimes (If you are a tech, running will put your own green dot away from the center on your own scanner).
      Fuzzle was killed by Player.
      Player: is FF on?

Comment

Its a motion sensor, not some uber leet radar detection system.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
          Its a motion sensor, not some uber leet radar detection system.
          THANK YOU DEV TEAM!

I loved AVP motion sensor

Comment

It STILL isn't a motion sensor, it's a HEAT sensor...
            Grunt: How dangerous can parasites be?
            Grunt has been infested with a parasite!
            Grunt: Oh, I thought I could step on them.

Comment

Actually, things like moving doors and cameras show up aswell, so motion detector is my bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Evilreaver
                It STILL isn't a motion sensor, it's a HEAT sensor...
                how do you know it is a heat sensor? Unless they changed it in AS, i don't think it is. Didn't the aliens in the movie not give off any heat? and it doesn't track explosions and yet does track doors and stuff like that.

Comment

It is without a doubt a motion sensor. It picks up doors that are opening. It is almost the exact same as the Aliens motion sensor too. Same pinging sound, same look.

Comment

If you take the time to read the info files and such it is called a heat sensor, and stationary enemies are picked up on it. I can only assume that when the dev team codded it, they got carried away with the similarity to the Aliens motion tracker (that was, in fact, a motion tracker) and made the doors show up on it.

...Now that I think about it, I can't remember where it was called a heat sensor, but I'm sure that it was...
                    Grunt: How dangerous can parasites be?
                    Grunt has been infested with a parasite!
                    Grunt: Oh, I thought I could step on them.

Comment

Well, it should show explosions if it wore a heatsensor, and it would have quite crappy range and wouldnt work properly behind walls, not to mention anything thats antirad..

Comment

it should be a motion detector aliens are cold blooded

Comment

In the AoScannerTextures file, the little scanner icon you get next to your marine's icon when you are in range of a tech marine (and thus get access to his scanner) is called "inMotionTracker."

Comment

Working...
                          X