engineer class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engineer class?

how about a engineer class that can build temporary barricades that the aliens can destroy just like some doors.
    right now the swarm attacks like when you have to wait for the dropship have everyone running around like mad trying to stay alive.
    if you could have a engineer build one or two barricades you could set up a proper firebase and try to defend that.

somehow it seems more characterfull to be able to set up a defensive perimeter and defending that for 3 minutes in a good formation. (i.e. heavies guarding the gaps between the barricades, techs trying to weld the barricades to keep them in one piece etc, maybe some more aliens because you have a organized defence this time).

gameplay wise i dont think it would make it any easier if you increase the aliens and make sure the techs or engineers would have to keep welding the barricades to keep them intact.
    because basically the barricades take up a weapon slot, the welding torch takes up a slot so you have reduced firepower, add to that increased alien attacks because you're in cover and hopefully you end up with a much more cinematic battle where the heavies arae desperately fighting off the aliens while the engineers and techs are trying to keep your perimeter intact.

Originally posted by Snottlebocket
    right now the swarm attacks like when you have to wait for the dropship have everyone running around like mad trying to stay alive.
    2 words --> teamplay + sentrys

especially at the spot you discribe
    for less defensive spots just teamplay

Comment

barricades would be nice, but razor wire would be nicer, although admitadly it would be pretty much the same as mines.

seems to me that barricades would be well hardly used.

Comment

I think razor wire would be useless against aliens though... These aliens don't have the soft vulnerable bodies that we do

Comment

Unfortunately in the case of this class I'd say it's doing a job that can already be done with various other items. The sentry and Fire mines provide excellent barriers where sealable doors are unavailable. In some cases you can even use radioactive barrels for sufficient area denial as well, and you just need a gun for those.
          Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
          - Kalias

Comment

Working...
          X