Medics to the Rescue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medics to the Rescue

I was thinking... Let's say you find yourself in a corridor and every alien and his brother comes out of nowhere and attacks your squad... Let's say Wolfe is killed in the heat of battle and there lies his body on the ground. Well the aliens attack is eventually thwarted. So you've lost wolfe and your medic didn't have time to heal him cause they were too busy firing. Well how about.... (and I'm not so sure this is a great idea but I'm gonna say it anyway) medics can revive dead players... BUT only for a limited time and only if there body is intact so if your body is chunked your out of luck . And give them maybe 10 seconds to revive fallen people. So... whatcha think?

Well it is in the future. Sort of like CPR, get the heart beating again. So long as it had a short time limit. It could be an option for server admins.

Comment

Perhaps with a extra item it could be done.
      That way, instead of having double-medpak medics, you'd have medpak-lifegiver medics.
      Grunt: How dangerous can parasites be?
      Grunt has been infested with a parasite!
      Grunt: Oh, I thought I could step on them.

Comment

I like this idea. I can't tell you how many times I died and was thinking about trying to revive my dead guy with a medpack when I first started playing this mod.

And to add to your idea, to make it more fair or "realistic" or whatever you want to say - when someone is revived let's say they can only have 75% of full health, maximum. That would be proper "punishment" for dying I think. And maybe you only allow each marine to die once. If they die a second time they're dead for good (in that mission).

This could help with the problem of people dying in multiplayer and losing out on playing further as was being discussed in another thread.

Actually, now that I think about it... I was confused about the stim pack when I first started playing and thought that was for bringing back the dead .

Comment

no, i think thats a really bad idea, just look at it, u shoot aliens, u blow his head off, u put a giant hole in his chest, or u blow it into 1000000000 pieces, theres no problem with that, now your turn, the aliens have claws, they cut in half (but the model dont show it) then a medic comes and revives u, and u wlk around with half your brains inside of your head, the other half outside, your organs are also coming out of u while you hapily shoot more swarm bugs....

or evan better, that small one, that jumps into your body and breed inside you, your chest just blow up and here comes the GODy medic to the resk u, here ya go, "see Sarge, now that you dont have a chest, you dont need to worry about with those nasty ones anymore..." argh, plz dont make a item to revive marines, it will spoil all the fun...

ok heres my idea, now comment on
          My Survivol Maps... ...Soon...

Comment

He did clearly mention that the body would have to be intact to be revived. Thus a parasite would leave you beyond help. Wolfenstein uses something like this. When you die you can be revived by a medic if your body is intact. If you are pushed far enough into negative HP you are gibbed and beyond help.

One interesting option would be to let a medic stabilize a character. The stabilized character is then carried in one of the primary weapon slots by his teammates. Carrying a stabilized marine slows your movement down, but if you get him to the end of the level it counts as if he survived the level. So you made an oopsie and lost a marine, you would be able to save them for a price.

Comment

Yeah body has to be intact m8. But yeah being able to rescue disabled characters would be a good option methinks. And they'd have to rest for 1 map. I think it'd be a good way to keep the "if your marine is dead hes gone for good" feeling while making it a little more leniant.

Comment

This could certainly work well in multiplayer, if implemented right. You could take a hint from the D20 roleplaying system (yes, geek alert ) and make it so that 'dead' players which died 'gently' (i.e. not gibbed) actually just lose conciousness. If not stablized by a medic within X seconds, they die fully. If stablized (e.g. through a medpack, or perhaps a new item), they come back to life with just a few HP, and need to be healed from there.
                If you could make the stabilization process actually take a little medic time, like hacking does, it would also help nerf this (teammates would have to provide cover - and if down to the 'lone medic' scenario, they have to make a judgement call as to whether to risk it...).

Of course, stablization is probably a PITA to implement because it means fiddling with the whole health system. But making revives take a finite time should be doable.
                Hey, what's that white dot on the circle-thingy meaGARRRGH!!!

Comment

Starship troopers game comes to mind...

I'm still trying to figure out why did the marines send only 8 people to "clean up" an installation.

Comment

I wonder why that huge spaceship only had 8 marines on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Isocryd
                      Starship troopers game comes to mind...

I'm still trying to figure out why did the marines send only 8 people to "clean up" an installation.

They probably pissed off the wrong superior officer and a recon mission on the sun was just to obvious.

Comment

Reviving dead marines within 10-15 seconds of their deaths sounds really cool...
                        The way you could make it balanced is if it costed like 2 medic-satchel charges to revive to half-health or something like that...just so you get a good disadvantage for letting him die...

Comment

why not make so that the revived marines come back as zombies, roaming the level feeding on the flesh of the living. Then you could have a secret level where you have to zombify your whole team and fight Count Dracula on his coffin-shaped mothership...

Comment

death means death, u cant do anything about it excpet in the virtual world, yes this is a game, and a futuristic game,so they may put this option for u guys, but if they do that, just dont make it fot the dead marines, only if marines become with 10% or less energy, if it reaches to 0 then youre really dead, if its in that space line, then u would be knocked out until some medic comes and "revives" ya, and only for a limited time (for 15sec) after these time, u die.... and i have one more good reason for not having these option, team work, these mod is based in real team work if u want to survive, with that option is every one for himself, and when some medic thinks "well i think its time to revive that dead guy, his dead 4min ago, lets do it"...

this is my opinion, if u want that the marines life for more time, just do it like this, medics in the midle, autoguns in front, flame throwers at the back, nothing can penetrate in there, the medic reaches everyone, the autoguns, clear the path, the flame trowers finish the ones that come behind, all of u leave until the end of the turn, everyone is happy, everyone laughs while drinking a bear at moonsdown lifestachion in the M.O.R.S. solar system, 19 billion light years from the swarm infested zone
                            My Survivol Maps... ...Soon...

Comment

I'd say that you really need to make sure this isn't overused, as it would be a very powerful ability.

I'd suggest you either have to:
                              1) Take a Life-Saver kit, which revives a marine back to 1 hp, but the marine cannot be healed for the next 30 secs (So in combat == dead marine), and you can take ONE Life-Saver kit per medic.

2) You stick with the current med-pack system, but to revive a 'rine, it takes 5 or so medpacks to get back to 1hp, at which point you heal up with more medpacks.

I think idea #1 would be the best and most balanced way.
                              (That I can think of, anyway.)

Comment

Working...
                              X