Hehe, Vehicles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hehe, Vehicles?

:p, Ok, so I got your attention w/ the title and your probably thinking how in the world could vehicles be implemented into the current maps? My opinion: they can't. But here is what I invision. Your dropship has to land a few miles away from a facility due to a larg swarm infestation. You must take the (we'll say APC) to the Facility. And if this can be implemented in an above view screen it would be awesome. So you have one person driving and then passengers and some1 manning a turret?? And as you are racing your apc to the entrance swarms of bugs try to destroy you sticking to the hopelessly outnumbered feel . APC is destroyable. So eventually you get to the Facility (whatever type it may be) and you have to get out then naturally and fight by foot. Complete your mission the high tail it back to the dropship w/ the APC. I think this could make for some extremely exciting gameplay and add something new. Soooo, constructive criticism?

Sounds like fun. Just make sure passengers have something to do - maybe shooting their own guns from the windows?

Comment

Yeah, that'd make it more interactive for every1. Plus the vehicle can't be so fast that the aliens can't catch up 2 it.

Comment

real nice idea, so like a planned track of sorts through a field with a driver ( that would be the coolest part IMO , driving and watching it all , and the rest gunning off the aliens hehe) , great idea, would be cool if its done

Comment

How about this:

Player 1 - Driver with front firing autogun
          Player 2 - 360 arc tank gun
          Player 3 - rear 120 firing minigun
          Player 4 - guided missiles

If the playercount goes above 4, spawn an extra APC.

Comment

maybe, but it may be too much firepower to give the aliens a fighting chance.

Comment

yeah, id think just one mounted turret would do the job, and depends on speed of apc compared to speed of aliens , if apc goes faster than aliens then 1 standard turret would get the job done while other players would be able to shoot out windows too. but if it was too slow it would definetly need more firepower to hold off the swarm

Comment

Maybe have one fast shooting turret, but making it reloadable, with infinite ammo boxes inside
                Or maybe not infinite but like 10

Comment

Well however it works, all I know is vehicles would ROCK!!!

Comment

mmmm, aliens...

that would be an amazing scenario. damaged apc (something to slow it down) escaping from a hord of hungry aliens, and the apc spawns with limited life.

Comment

How about they implement it in the campaign going between all the missions? You see the little red x-hair move between the missions.. Well the marines gotta cross that distance somehow. How bout they go driving and fighting off aliens the whole way.

Needs bit more depth then just an APC with a turret on it though. Also driving in a top down view is really annoying. (Remember those old 2d driving games where you get a milisecond time to recogonize if its a truck you need to dodge or if its a powerup you need to grab?) Maybe they could put in FPV for the driver.. or atleast something like you can bring up while in spectator mode by pressing E or U.

And course put in different types of vehicles. APC for the ground fights, dropship for fighting off the mosquitos big cousin in the air, perhaps even something like a trainride with people on the roof fighting off aliens that jump on, etc.

Comment

How about you make the vehicule some kind of open air vehicule like a jeep?
                        This way you get a driver, a turret-gunner and other people can shoot with their rifles from their seats with limited ammunition...
                        the turret-gunner should not be able to cover for the whole vehicule so others have to do something actually...

Comment

Some barriers that you need to shoot to get through would be cool.

Comment

Or maybe have some people jump out to cut through the barrier rather than just shoot it, making the people in the vehicle have to cover them.
                            For the vehicle maybe and open aired half track, like those old ww2 ones so that people can shoot out and still be attacked if an alien can jump in like this one only more room for more players

Comment

I think they already have a apc concept..Thought Apc with 1 flamethrower or minigun turret would be nice.
                              "I am tormented by dreams of our death, And grief at what is to come.
                              For in dreams I have seen / The heavens falter, And the stars drop from the sky.
                              In my dreams / Creation ceases without a sound. I have seen the destruction of the Way."

Comment

Working...
                              X