Fear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear?

IMO to make the game atmospheric, some different sounds should be added in. The heart beat is a pretty nice touch, but I'd also like to hear screaming and varied alien noises.
    Another element I think that should be added to the game are big ass aliens that simply could not be killed....easily, leading to a cat and mouse chase for a while, until the marines get to some cover, or seal a door perhaps. As of now, it's nice that the "bugs" are 100% expendable flesh ripping nightmares but that doesn't seem to add much to the fear, perhaps it's because the player is not looking up close at front to the aliens.

flashing red lights, sirens, and countdowns do it for me...

Comment

screams = lame
      I agree with alien noises... gotta sound retarded recording that ;p make sure no one is around to hear you ;p
      And yeah, some "tank" aliens that are like bullet imune or something

I must say, playing AS at 4am when its raining outside, and you dont have any lights on.... you tend to have lil jumps when things burst out of air-vents etc ;p
      Last edited by Slayer; 5 Jun 2004, 08:25 AM.

Comment

strobe lighting! gives me the heeby-jeebies... and the occasional fit too :p

Comment

But to hear a marine screaming when they got torn up! Or hear in the distance echos of anguish.. mabye add in some blood splattering and "gore sounds" as well!

Comment

Working...
          X