Make Medkit ammo-based?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make Medkit ammo-based?

I vote to make the medkit an ammo-based "weapon". Right now, it takes an entire 'use' to heal someone, weather they have a sliver of life left, or they have a small bruise. I just hate having to run around with my marines in various states of pain because I have to whore the medkit uses. Making it ammo-based would allow much greater flexibility and control of whom you can heal, and how much.

So for example, give the base medkit about 50 points of 'ammo', and you get more 'magazines' (since you have greater power to heal with this type of medkit, reduce the base number of magazines?) the more skill points you get.

Just my thoughts :p

soo basically what youre saying is you want like each medsatchel to count as 10 but each pack heals like 50% of a rines hp ?

Comment

Most like a Heal Gun which have 50 use, each use only recover a little portion of the marine life. That would be nice, but doesn't NEED to be implement. I think its ok 'cause any thing like this are done this way because they wanted it that way, so you need to worry about every teammates' health and heal them at the right time... whatever lol

Comment

bad idea...choosing who you heal and who you do not heal is part of the game...it makes it thrilling and sometimes you have to take risky decisions for the best of the team...I say keep it the way it is...

Comment

Yes, Team Fortress Classic-style healing systems are nice, but in this case I agree with Angel-of-sIX: it adds to the tension.
          Hey, what's that white dot on the circle-thingy meaGARRRGH!!!

Comment

Having a limited number of 'charges' for the medpac forces the medic to choose carefully when and on whom to use his healing power. If it worked like you suggest then every respite in the game would be opportunity to get every marine to 100%. That's making it a little easy IMO.

Comment

would make the medic's job boring too...

Comment

Originally posted by ReLiK
                would make the medic's job boring too...
                For me medic's job is already boring

But yes it would make a medic's job even more boring, cause the medic would need to heal everyone everytime, not even a time to kill a little bug ....

Comment

Umm, medic job isnt boring, its actually very challenging in some missions in right dificulty if you know what to do and how to do it. I love being a Faith (Not Bastille, personal reasons) if im not forced.

Comment

everyone should have a little Faith

Comment

Originally posted by Sohtaraz
                      Umm, medic job isnt boring
                      Damn right Faith is my hero.

Comment

the patch just boosted a medics healing powers A LOT
                        6 initial charges and extra once you reach lvl 3-4 right ?
                        so thats 8 or 9 charges at level 5
                        then you dont even gotta bother to take 2 satchels
                        you can take a rifle
                        or be a supermedic and still take 2 satchels
                        imho the new patch brought enough extra healing to compensate for the way it works

Comment

Originally posted by Knight
                          then you dont even gotta bother to take 2 satchels
                          you can take a rifle
                          or be a supermedic and still take 2 satchels

Some missions require that 2 satchels, and rifles are worthless (need flashlight if u wanna kill parasites, and you can do that with just about anyother character, pistols, style, firepower, teamwork all in small extra slot, you just have to know how to use them.

Comment

Rifle + Flares you mean?
                            Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

When I play with non-experienced players, 2 satchels IS necessary...
                              when I play with very good players, 1 satchel for the entire game is more than enough...

all depends

Comment

Working...
                              X