[request] kill notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [request] kill notifications

Would it be possible to get chat notifications when a marine is killed by aliens? Was trying to get this working for a modified IRC reporter but the lack of Controller's being provided to NotifyKilled makes it kinda hard to figure out who or what killed whom

- Wolfe was killed by an Alien Soldier
    - Wildcat was killed by a Parasite
    - Crash was killed by a Behemoth

: "Why did you guys all die?"

Comment

Some how I don't think that was what he meant lol.
      Telic Corporation

Comment

Does that mean it shouldn't say "Wildcat was killed by a Parasite" ?

I was going for the irony that Faith, the medic, isn't keeping tabs on her team's health.

Comment

WildCat explodes in a bloody mess as x parasites make their lunge for freedom.

Doesn't even have to say the killing actor, it'd stay truer to the movie/books if it didn't, just a message from the teammate before their actor dies completely saying something like "biolink terminated", something to indicate the marine character has bought the farm.

[edit]
          The auto emote for Faith made that reference a bit hard to pick up until i read the fine print =P
          [/edit]

Comment

Yup, needed
            Meow.

Comment

That's too complicated. Stuff like this needs to be at-a-glance.

Comment

bah who needs death messages, just make them scream like crazy while they get ripped apart

Comment

can't relay screams to IRC using IRCReporter, hence a death message =P

Comment

MARIIIINE DOOOOOWN
                    obvious enough i think
                    but i also think that faith is the only one that yells that ...
                    so that might need looking into
                    that a random alive marine yells 'marine down' instead of just faith as long as she herself is still alive ...

Comment

Heh Knight ... I didn't know that sounds can be relayed to irc too.

Comment

Personally I'd prefer no deathmessages other than the team kills to be shown.

The reason behind this is immersion, I can deal with certain things up to a point and still be immersed in a game, however if you put too many non-immersive things into the game (deathmessages, killmessages, giant fireworks displays around your character when you reach 20 kills... :p) immersion starts to disappear.

If the team really wish to support irc reporters I suppose you could include specific log entries etc that a bot would be able to read... but would not show to the player... after all there are a lot of things the player doesn't see behind the scenes... surely this is a possibility?
                        Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
                        - Kalias

Comment

Working...
                        X