Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal 2 -> UT2004

Just thought I'd bring this to everyone's attention

"Epic has no problem with mod teams using assets from Unreal II, Unreal I or the original Unreal Tournament for their mods. So, feel free to use some U2 XMP assets for this mod.
    - Steve"

Don't believe me? Go
    HERE and scroll about half way down.
    If you have problems exporting content using UnrealEd, use THIS tool.
    Have fun modders

Nice.

Comment

I am SOOOO using those drakk base, shiny textures, those look freaking awesome

Comment

I don't suppose you can post those "freaking awesome" looking textures somewhere Synp3r? :p

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
          I don't suppose you can post those "freaking awesome" looking textures somewhere Synp3r? :p
          I don't know if I can do that or not. Might be against the EULA. If someone finds me an official link that says I can do that, and someone has an FTP server, I'd love to share the textures with everyone

Comment

Bah just do it
            Epic Games staff probably play Alien Swarm anyway so they wont care

Comment

bah the problem is that most people won't have these textures though and probably won't want to dl them all

Comment

Thanks for the heads up

Originally posted by Snyp3r
                "Epic has no problem with mod teams using assets from Unreal II, Unreal I or the original Unreal Tournament for their mods. So, feel free to use some U2 XMP assets for this mod.
                - Steve"
                I assume he means "Don't take the piss" with that "some". Sounds like they're fine with "some" assets from previous games being included in 2K4 mod downloads - not put up as seperate ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Nachimir
                  Thanks for the heads up

I assume he means "Don't take the piss" with that "some". Sounds like they're fine with "some" assets from previous games being included in 2K4 mod downloads - not put up as seperate ones.
                  Exactly, which is why I probably can't put them up for independant downloading.

Comment

Don't people download them automatically if they try to play your map without the textures though?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
                      Don't people download them automatically if they try to play your map without the textures though?
                      Yeah, but they'd be downloading them the same way as if they downloaded the map with the textures, so what's your point? Excuse me if maybe I'm just reading your post wrong :p

Comment

oh so if your map contains texture pack x which i don't have and i play your map, my client will only download the needed textures and after that i will not have the texture pack x file in my textures folder?

Comment

Working...
                        X