Auto-reload toggle - Needs fixing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-reload toggle - Needs fixing

Just set this toggle up... it could do with a few changes.

At the moment with auto reload on it reloads the moment you hit 0 bullets. This is all fine and how it should be, the problems occur when you turn off auto reload.

With auto reload off it reloads if you try to fire a single bullet after hitting 0, this might be fine if you had to click to do it... unfortunately if you hold down fire all the way down to zero and don't -instantly- let go of fire when the ammo runs out it starts to reload as the weapon has attempted to make another shot.

There are two obvious alterations that can be made.

1) With auto reload off: only reload if you let go of fire after launching all the rounds and clicking again when at zero.

or, my personal choice:

2) With auto reload off: do not reload -at all- without pressing the reload key (R ?)
    Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
    - Kalias

That off reload thing is good, more panic fire (must kill before clip runs out) and even more screaming in terror!

Comment

Auto-reloading off actually makes things easier for a good player who can switch to their secondary weapon to finish things then reload both when things calm down.

Comment

i think Brent Rivienne's complaint is that with auto-reload off, it still automatically reloads if you try to fire with 0 ammo in the clip.

what he wants is for it to just go 'click click' even if you have more clips, until you reload yourself. just like action half-life.

Comment

Indeed etchasketch, but with the added point that it also reloads if you just hold down fire until you run out of ammo. The only way to stop it auto reloading is to single click the last few rounds so that it sits on 0 at the end.
          Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
          - Kalias

Comment

i dont understand why you'd want to.

if you have a secondary weapon, you can switch to it any time you want, even in the middle of reloading the primary weapon.

Comment

One because it's a bugged option, two you can't fire grenades while reloading. (when they are especially useful)
              - Kalias

Comment

I agree, optional reload isn't really that optional right now, I tried it for a little while but still found myself thinking "argh I didnt wanna reload now!", which would be the entire point of an optional reload in the first place.
                Fuzzle was killed by Player.
                Player: is FF on?

Comment

Of course you can't fire grenades while reloading; that'd be silly. But I do agree on your other points. I like the idea of releasing and then clicking again to reload. In fact, I thought that's how it should have been in the first place. Is there any marine chatter to signify an empty clip? I seem to remember them saying "reload, cover me" quite a few times. . . but how about a "clip is dry" when auto-reload is off?

Comment

This Brent guy has some really good ideas - I recommend wholeheartedly you implement them all.

I prefer that with auto-reload off you have to hit R to reload, and with it on it auotmatically reloads when you try to fire one bullet past zero (whether or not you are still holding the fire button).
                    "Crack the panel!"
                    "Once upon a happenstance, I did myself connect to a game-hosting combobulation."

Comment

Originally posted by Corion
                      This Brent guy has some really good ideas - I recommend wholeheartedly you implement them all.
                      i agree with this, every player has their own individual way of doing things the way they know best to do it. This is his personal preference, and it doesnt drastically alter the gameplay. IMO when i want to use grenades i carefully watch my bullet count and i almost always reload around 30-40 or less bullets (depending on difficulty...for instance on easy almost never reload till out of bullets ) but me, i usually take two prifles so that the reload doesnt get me, i can essentially get off close to 200 rifle shots very quickly and with little effort. add high movement to that for the fast reloads and having two rifles with auto reload is killer

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

Also, on a side note: When bots run out of ammo for one weapon, but got an other weapon with plenty of clips, they should automatically switch weapon when under attack instead of just standing there taking bite after bite waiting for their death.
                        ¤ ¤ The L-shaped Tetris Block, not the pansy 4x1 Block ¤

Comment

I disagree...

I think the whole point of Auto reload is to make you watch what the "Explicative" you are doing. A la ....the RELOAD of DEATH . It really adds to the atmosphere and the mood of the game. Furhter more, what if you are carrying Dual med satchels and a pistol....or quite frankly only one gun?

Think about it.......
                          Ok are you finished now?

How much of the mood of "really being in a gun fight" would this option take away?
                          When you are poppin aliens you should be lookin at your ammo.....if you dont you will slow down to reload and get popped. No more noob mistakes here.

In all seriousness (riiiight ) it just adds another dimension to the game play

I say keep it the way it is and let the noobs get broken in the right way.

Oh ten aliens 2 bullets left and i have been sitting here for 3 minutes........and I didn't reload...I deserve to Die, PERIOD .

btw I just did this 5 times last night....lol

Sound off "Explicatives"

Comment

LoL, i watch my bullets ^-^, even with auto-reload, watching ur ammo even with auto-reload on is a pretty useful thing to do. its a two way situation, if auto-reload was off i'd watch my ammo even more heatedly >.<

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

Working...
                            X