This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Nice mod, but balance is bad

Sorry to beat up on your mod guys, but I do a lot of Co-Op modding my self and the alien respawing is way out of hand on some levels. you run out of ammo before you find anymore. What good is it to drop a sentry gun when all the aliens do is come in endless waves? I really hope you guys fix this the mod is great but it needs some work and more ammo added to the levels, which I may just do myself so we can play some of the levels.

Thanks,

- Rick

Erm no, no, no and....no!

Practice makes perfect...practice more...

Comment

Yes, Yes and Yes, Apparently Angel you have no clue about balancing a mod or for the most part probably never spent a day creating or designing one. So Yes!

Comment

Each player, should he choose, is capable of bringing an ammo bag, which can hold several clips of each type of ammo. I think Wildcat defaults to carrying an ammo bag, but usually when I play, Wolfe carries ammo too. To drop ammo for a teammate simple right-click and select Drop (Weapon Name) Ammo. Hope that clears up your ammo problem

Comment

No it does not, I have everyone packed out with extra Ammo, it only delays the enevitable. there are way to many aliens spawning in. and this is on easy, I would hate to even try some of these levels on the harder settings.

Comment

Dark, what the hell are you talking about?
            You are probably some random newbie shooting for no reason all the time without bringing ammo bag and then say the aliens are too strong because you run out of ammo so that necessarely means the game is not balanced!
            with 2-3 marines(including I) I can finish any mission easily without running out of ammo...(Easy and Normal difficulty)
            If you can not, it is not the mod's fault...but simply yours.
            Practice more you will get better.

Comment

Don't stay in one place for long. The best way is just to run through the map, stop in one or 2 areas to clear large hordes, then run to the next objective. It's a fast-paced game, you can't play it like most other co-op games.

Comment

ammo

Eh, I rarely have ammo issues. The main weapon this affects is the pump shotty. At 3 shells a clip, you have to reload a lot, and it still has just the standard 5 (6) clips. It needs either shell by shell loading, a 5+ capacity clip, or both.

The key is to keep moving. If you keep sitting around letting respawning aliens come to you, you'll run dry on ammo eventually. Once you know the level, you should not have ammo issues.

Comment

dude, you shouldnt have to worry about standing in one place for too long, I know how they made this game it all based off triggers, I know the Unreal Engin all to well We created Rune Coop. Ive been modding for over 5 years now and Im telling you this mod is not balanced. for instance the Labs level. Alines come crashing thru the doors while your tring ot get your people over the laser grid. the while ime the AI is firing away there goes your ammo. this is even after u sealed the doors and the break those down. Fast paced my ass, you should never ever have to rush though a level. but this is more arcadish so I guess thats the real problem.

Comment

Its not unbalanced! It just requires a different playing style than other games. Keep practicing, you'll get the hang of it soon enough, took me about 7 games to finally figure it out.

Comment

Let's just put it up this way...
                      if they gave us more ammo, there is no way in hell we could run out of ammo...and that would be bad, because everyone could just keep shooting everywhere for no reason during hours...This mod is not supposed to be a piece of cake for beginners, and I truly hope it does not become so.

Comment

Maybe it's just not your kind of mod Dark. Not every game is perfect for every player, some people love FPS's but hate RPG's, some people love the PS2 but hate the PC. The fact is that Alien Swarm is a fast-paced, very challenging mod, and maybe it just doesn't suit your style. If you don't like, don't make yourself play it, move on and find something you like better. That's the best advice I can offer.

Comment

Ok, let me put it this way, thats what the difficulty setting is for, there are 4 levels of difficulty and easy is this hard? give me a break!

Comment

Are you playing online or single-player? I've found that the AI can be a pain in the a** sometimes, I hate playing offline.

Comment

Its prefectly balanced the entire game play is based on impossible odds, last stands and low ammo situations. It is the intention that you have to be carefull with ammo and Im glad for it. It adds so much to the tension which is fantastic.
                              I managed to finish the co-op the other day with 4 friends. At the end I was down to 4 rounds in the auto gun and was running like a bitch but I wouldnt have it any other way.

So yes ammo can be low but man thats what its all about
                              Multiplay Clanservers
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X