Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New maps?

Didn't see any information on this.

Now...as awesome as this mod is, and as much fun as I'm having with it, there's gonna be a desperate need for some new maps here pretty soon to keep this game fresh.

Has there been any announcement about future support from the devs? New versions? New maps/campaigns?

Are there mappers out there working on their own maps? Best place to download these? Are they any good?

Optimally I'd like to see a whole new campaign set released from BlackCat.. but I realize that probably won't happen overnight. These original maps are great.

Best mod I've played in years.

guess what? you can join in on the fun too. Ut2k4 comes with a level editor, and it not hard to master.

just fire it up, follow some really good tutorials on the net (google is your friend), and get mapping.

Comment

It'll be a while before there are many new quality maps. They take time.
      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

I'm in the process of doing a map right now. I'd say that I have 1...maybe 2...percent complete.

Comment

I'm working on a single map right now, should have a playable beta ready in a few weeks, I know some people out there are working on completely new Campaigns too

Comment

I might as well throw in a screenshot I have uploaded. I used it to pimp off what I've done thus far over at TTLG while asking for a bit of Ued tech help along the way. Might as well do the same here, sans the n00bzor questions of course...

Purdy Piktur

Mind you I still have alot of work to do. It's still a little bland in my opinion, and could use a few more throwaway details here and there. The walls in particular could use a little touching up...

Comment

There will be a new map for you monday next week, I hope.
              Chimp off the old Block

Game Designer

Comment

Thanks for replies.. and most of all, thanks to map makers for doin' their thing. I for sure don't have the freetime to go and learn a map editor, let alone actually taking the many many hours it takes to make a quality map.

I guess I'm still a little worried if the quality and quantity of new maps will be able to keep up. Most multiplayer games pit player vs player... which naturally brings about more in-depth and changing strategy, and in turn, longevity.
                But with Alien Swarm, I don't feel the maps have as much lasting appeal. Once players learn the layout, as well as the triggers, it tends to get old much faster.

I don't know, we'll see I guess. Good luck with the maps you all are working on.

Any word on offical maps? A new campaign from Blackcat?

Love.

Comment

Someone make Hadleys Hope from Aliens, and make the mission to fry the eggs so queen gets angry and starts chasing you.
                  "I am tormented by dreams of our death, And grief at what is to come.
                  For in dreams I have seen / The heavens falter, And the stars drop from the sky.
                  In my dreams / Creation ceases without a sound. I have seen the destruction of the Way."

Comment

I'll pay for a new campaign from Black Cat...
                    I dunno maybe if we are a good amount willing to pay they WILL make a new one?

Comment

We aren't allowed to make a profit of this. *cries*

gheheh. It's a good thing anyway. Otherwise epic would sue.

Comment

What is the stance on donations? A lot of mods go that way... if not to make money then to simply help with bandwidth bills and such.
                        Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
                        - Kalias

Comment

Originally posted by etchasketch
                          Ut2k4 comes with a level editor, and it not hard to master.
                          that made me laugh :p

Originally posted by Brent Rivienne
                          What is the stance on donations?
                          I'd pay ... Black Cat deserve money for the wonder they have created. (OK I'm done arse-licking for now...)

Comment

Originally posted by Brent Rivienne
                            if not to make money then to simply help with bandwidth bills and such.

We can handle the bandwidth bills by ourselves, thank you.

Comment

Unfortunately UED is only available on Windows.

It would be great to have support for that on Linux as well.
                              But I asked one of the devs and he said that there are no plans to port UED to Linux.

Comment

Working...
                              X