The flashlight petition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carth
    Why not just aim at the aliens that are on the screen? I think you'll find it's a lot easier.
    cuz many of the times I can't see them in my monitor...

Back on Topic...Is better lighting dynamics insanely difficult? Why can't we have better lighting dynamics for the torch? And why can't we fix the "light thru the closed door" bug?
    I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

Unreal engine limitations. IIRC. dont quote me on that though.
      Smack the Planet!!!! -

Comment

So we should wait for UT2kX, and patch 1.XX... :Sweat:

*edit* I thought blaming Unreal engine originated by BiG_D or donator... *edit*

Comment

Limitations. Not bugs.

Wait for Unreal Engine 3.
          Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Originally posted by tank hunter
            *edit* I thought blaming Unreal engine originated by BiG_D or donator... *edit*
            Its kinda my catchphrase, and the engine is to blame.
            And I am working on the flashlight. Its just not high on the list of priorities right now.
            It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

well my take on this is

choice A: Brighter flashlight that everyone gets but no autoaim properties
              choice B: Brighter flashlight that is an option WITH autoaim properties

im not really gonna ask for dynamic lighting, but couldnt there be a "glowstick" effect around each marine? like they have flares except with a creepy greenish hue or something. and of course NOT as bright or big. just a thought cause i think that'd be more useful than the torchlight now, although it'd be nice to leave it on cause then you have a better way of knowing which way ur marine is facing.
              "Why use a flamer when you can kill the aliens with Sarge's Cuban Tobacco Black cloud of death?"
              ~Heard in multiplayer

Comment

choice C: Brighter flashlight with no autoaim properties. A IR laser add-on gives autoaim but no lighting effects...

light shine around the marine? O_o??? The only time I know of is if when you "hear" a "voice from the Heaven" saying "Listen, my child"...then you may get yourself surrounded by some lights...

Comment

lol or it might be satan.

no what im saying is make it like the marine has a glowstick clipped to his vest, it would light things up a bit without ruining the atmosphere
                  "Why use a flamer when you can kill the aliens with Sarge's Cuban Tobacco Black cloud of death?"
                  ~Heard in multiplayer

Comment

What would be really cool is if you could choose the color of your glow stick, kinda like railgun colors in Quake3.. makes for easier team identification.

Comment

• alright this post is more than 3 months old, someone lock this, flashlight is fine as it is, and if u CAN"T see? well now theres NV.
                      Tip 1: use sentry as a stair case
                      Tip 2: walk on active mines so when alien gets near you, they burn

Comment

• But the glowsticks are cool!

Comment

• Cat's a freaky raver *waving glowstick* haha

NV is pretty sweet though, albeit with a short lasting time, but yeah. its pretty well balanced.
                          ~Heard in multiplayer

Comment

Working...
                          X