Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colored crosshairs?

Hi All,

Is it possible to select a different color crosshair than the default of white? I looked in the game menus but was not able to find the option. I know it exists in vanilla UT2k4 - would this be something that could make it in a future patch or can I change this by editing my config directly? <or am I just blind and it's already in a menu??>

Reason I ask is I find it difficult, if not impossible, to see the white crosshair when using flares currently. Minor annoynance really but if it's already in-game or something simple to add it would be cool.

Thanks.

The crosshair is more of a... mouse cursor then a normal crosshair. This means you can't change it like you can in UT2k4.
    It should be possible to add a few to choose between, tho.

Comment

That would rock!

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Frankly, we could do with a new default colour, one that's visible with flares. After all, what's the point of lighting up the area so you can see the aliens if you can no longer aim at them?
        "If a newbie isn't doing exactly what you want them too, you must be extra condescending and whiny over VoIP to get them to listen. The more nasaly angry you can make your tone the better, because it could make all the difference."

Comment

Yeah I use bright red in UT and would do the same in AS given the choice. Not a problem just a personal preference.

Comment

I love Thwak.

Comment

Herro Soy!

Should get some people together tonight and go thru it on normal... or die over and over trying.

Comment

It would be sweet if we could get a crosshair that looked like when we werent shooting and when we were shooting and killed an alien, and looked like if we were shooting at a team mate and when we TKed...that would be sooo cool ^^ \m/
                -----------------------------------------------------------------
                Wolfe: WHY...WON'T...YOU...DIE!!!!
                Parasite: MWHAAHHAAHAHHA!!!!

Comment

lol

how terribly annoying

Comment

How about a cursor color that "polarize" whatever is being rendered behind it? Sort of like when you highlight colored text in a web browser, you get a color that's always a stark contrast of the colors around it. Would it be hard to implement in UT2K4?

Comment

mabye just one with altrenating black and white segments (like the current croshair has spaces put balck lines in those spaces.

Comment

I vote we get rid of the damn flares at least even the lighting out and make them not so bright, even with a modest amount of gamma which is required to see anything normally they wash everything out.

Comment

My suggestion would be to have one like the normal one but instead of plain white have it pulse a darker color to the outer edges of the crosshair, and create it in at least the six primary/secondary colors.
                          Last edited by Corion; 12 Sep 2004, 01:30 PM. Reason: Misspelled "white" as "wait" ... how'd I do that anyway?
                          "Crack the panel!"
                          "Once upon a happenstance, I did myself connect to a game-hosting combobulation."

Comment

i like the flares...they give eveyrone one the team w/o autoaim autoaim ^-^. very very helpful sometimes...but yea...a new crosshair color would be extremely useful, i've become so fed up with the flares blocking out the crosshair i refuse to use them in salvage at the end anymore --;;

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

I wish I could disable crosshair altogether. It's always the best aiming practice you can get in any game.
                              Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Working...
                              X