A few extra ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few extra ideas

I know how often these threads are taken seriously (let alone implemented ), but anyway...

For one thing, judging by how easy Easy is, I was thinking that perhaps the marine limit could be changed to 2 per difficulty (2 on easy, 4 on normal, etc) as that would also make Insane possible for single-playerers

Another, I think that, in random places, there should be weapon pickups that allow new weapons to be used in future missions. For example (take this from someone who considers the P-rifle a bit overpowered), the P-rifle (didn't see that coming, didja!) could be found in Barracks, in that room on the left approach (in the beginning). Of course, new weapons would have to be made to help this along (Grenade launcher ).

Finally, the Autogun (in my opinion) just doesn't quite do enough per shot. In vents (especially on harder difficulties) a autogunner can be overwhelmed and not have the benefit of other marines' fire.

()()()()()() "AHHH! PARENTHESES! THEY'RE EVERYWHERE"
    Last edited by Evilreaver; 10 Jun 2004, 06:33 PM.
    Grunt: How dangerous can parasites be?
    Grunt has been infested with a parasite!
    Grunt: Oh, I thought I could step on them.

That would make no sens.

Comment

What do you mean?
      Care to explain what parts make no 'sens'?
      Or is my whole post senceless?
      Grunt: How dangerous can parasites be?
      Grunt has been infested with a parasite!
      Grunt: Oh, I thought I could step on them.

Comment

Having less marines for easy difficulty and such would make easy difficulty less easy and many people wont be able to finish them at all...
        As for new weapons...I say leave the ones that are available now as they are...but insert new weapons in certain hard-to-reach storage rooms like in observation and dont let them be available through the pickup menu...

Comment

Easy is now the new token training level. Play on normal+ as soon as you can for a better experience (although i think it gets better the harder you make it ^^)
          Meow.

Comment

I still say we should leave the easy mode as-is. Easy being easy, it's suppose to be a diffuiculty for people to learn how to play the gameplay and the levels. Since we made the rest of the game so hard (to learn), I think the current forgiving difficulty for easy is just right.

I also second that suggestion for some super-weapons that can be found during a mission, as deserving prizes that you can keep for the rest of the campaign. As it is right now, there really isn't much motivation to break those infested closets for that one med pack and a couple of ammo that Wildcat/Wolfe is carrying anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X