How do I password my server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I password my server?

I know I can put a password by changing GamePassword in my ini file or by putting ?GamePassword=password in the command line when I start it...

What I want to know is how to put a password while I am playing inside the server and I am logged in as a server administrator...
    I know in quake I would go "rcon set password whateveriwant"

In UT I have to do "admin ??????????????????????????????????????"

Someone care to help? I tried googling but they dont tell it anywhere...They don't even tell how to change a var during the game, its just dumb...I tried "admin set gamepassword whateveriwant" but it does not work...
    This thing really is not clear.

[Edit:Added] Also, for less lag, what should I set MaxClientRate and MaxInternetClientRate to?

http://www.blackcatgames.com/swarm/admin/

RTFM!

Comment

try:

admin set engine.accesscontrol gamepassword <new password>

Comment

Omega...I did read your manual...it does not say anything about putting password with admin status...
        Thank you.

Also, for less lag, what should I set MaxClientRate and MaxInternetClientRate to?

Also, Is there a way to save a current game to lets say slot #5 even if slot #2 was selected when server started?

Comment

actually, it looks like the engine won't allow you to set game password while in progress.

Comment

Angel-of-sIX, sorry about that, I should have read the entire post but I was in a bit of a hurry.
            ragzilla is right I think. Not possible in an existing game. (Maybe via the webadmin but I can't test it right now.)

Comment

I just tried ragzilla's command and it works
              yay thx...
              Can you answer the rest of my questions plz? :]

Comment

it worked? are you running server from in game? or an external/standalone dedicated server?

Comment

Hence the dangers of not R'ing your own FM before posting RTFM!

/What? Reading the friendly manual is a good idea anyway
                  Grunt: How dangerous can parasites be?
                  Grunt has been infested with a parasite!
                  Grunt: Oh, I thought I could step on them.

Comment

It works while I'm logged in as server administrator on a dedicated server that is on another PC

Comment

Working...
                    X