Sachle Charges =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sachle Charges =)

Hey how about satchel charges? for blowing up certain walls or doors that just cant be hacked or welded,would be perfect and since you already have explosives class it would just be a matter of adding the item and making it only usable to the explosives class

BOOM!
    Last edited by AlienX; 12 Jun 2004, 06:50 PM.

err or is it satchle? =X oh well im sure you people know what im talkin about =X

Comment

that would be nice...instead of shooting door when your hacker is down, you place some explosive...and boom Opened!

Comment

Not sure what you mean by sachle. Anyway nice idea. Perfect for those moments when everyone is asking for the welder and you realise no one took one Or as an alternative to hacking a door.

You can already throw grenades at doors, but actually putting an explosive charge on a door that detonates in 5 seconds would be nice. Also gives Sarge and Jaeger another job besides setting up mines, which is good if you ask me

Comment

it's satchel

Comment

haha firecrack, my thoughts exactly!

Comment

Oh satchel I see it now

Yes an explosives satchel to go in the extras slot like mines would be nice. Or should it got as a secondary like the medical satchel? Hmmm.....

Comment

It could be interesting. Place the charge and in 3 seconds the door and whatever is on the other side of it is blown up.

For when hacking just isn't fast enough or someone forgot the welder.

Comment

I like it. Mappers could have special "place satchel here" that would be used to blow open hidden/bonus/alternate areas useful for goodies or just different paths to the objectives.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea to me, too.
                    Would give a lot of oppertunitys for mapping

Comment

Yes, this could be a good secondary weapon for the explosives experts. I'm not sure that it should be able to unseal doors, though. Perhaps destroy small ones (add a bDestructable flag or somesuch?).

The general way a satchel charge is implemented is with a radio, not timed, trigger. Unless it's particularly hard, it's probably best to do the same in AS - it allows the explosives experts to wait until their teammates are clear before detonating.

Perhaps they could be volatile, like ammo packs, as well (unless you have fireproof armour)?
                      Hey, what's that white dot on the circle-thingy meaGARRRGH!!!

Comment

That would be cool, make it so that you can spot them on the map as a certain depression in the ground/wall/whatever. You right click on it and place a fire mine there on the depression and blammo, instant happinessness. Instant open some doors, and open gates. That would be sweet.
                        "A True Hero isn't measured by the size of his sword but by the Size of his Heart" - Life Motto

"I'm not a TKer. I'm just an alien in desguise" - AS Motto

Happy Webmaster of The Final Quandary

Comment

lol sorry for the spelling mistake for the life of my i couldnt spell SATCHEL =X lol oh well im glad most of you like the idea despite the bad grammer =X

Comment

I'm all for the idea, but I too would like it better radio-detonated.
                            It should take time to set up tho', a progress-meter like when hacking or welding.
                            Demonen

use perl;

Comment

i agree it should take some time to setup and once set have say a 10 second timmer and maybe a special spawner in the are that spawns aliens once the bomb is set.

Comment

Working...
                              X