Parasites, where do they go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parasites, where do they go?

I assume they infest the target through some bodily orafice (hopefully the mouth), but once these things get inside where do they go. More importantly where do they go when they fail to kill the target. Normally wildcat would have exploded releasing 4 parasites, however faith healed her and she survived. Does this mean that since the parasites failed in their burrow for freedom wildcat has 4 dead parasites in her stomach? Is poor sarge who ran ahead carrying a baker's dozen of dead parasites? Kind of gross when you think about it.

So what are your theories?

Naw dude when you get healed they just disappear! It's all magic...futuristic healing dude I tell ya!

Comment

So I am not running around with hundreds of dead little bugs inside me? Woohoo, I was sure that was going to increase my life insurance premium.

Comment

I've always thought a parasite infests the target through a lethal injection of a virus (which would kill the host, like a bee sting). The virus will then spread into the body and begin to change the DNA of normal body cells to assemble alien parasite cells. Once mature, the new parasites break out of the (now hollow) human body to infest new hosts.

Obviously, the anti-virus serum would reverse the effect of the virus and clean it out of the system. However, that does pose the question of why doesn't everyone carry a dose of anti-virus serum... maybe it needs some special method of injection, like those things you stab directly at the heart in The Rock?

Comment

The medics actually use a prehensile roto-rooter sort of thing, and unreel a couple dozen meters into the afflicted marine's bowels, deperately chasing the parasite as it makes a mad dash for the lower intestine. The job of a medic is not for the timid.

Comment

For the serum theory maybe it is harmful to both the parasites and the human. Too much will kill the marine and too little will let the infestation run wild, hence why a skilled medic is needed to administer just the right dose to save the life.

As for the roto-rooter... ouch.

Faith: "We don't have much time, bend over Sarge" *brandishes metal jagged appliance
            Sarge: "Can't I just take my chances with the parasites?"

Comment

Faith: "We don't have much time, bend over Wildcat"
              Wildcat: "But I'm not infected..."

I'm sorry I'll be going now

/me runs

Comment

Faith: "We don't have much time, bend over Wildcat"
                Wildcat: "But I'm not infected..."

ROFL! good one!

Comment

Just what do parasites do that mean that they don't work when you TK someone in time, anyway? (i.e. that they don't work on very freshly dead corpses?)

(I'm not saying that this behaviour should be changed, because it makes for an interesting dynamic. Just that it's odd.)
                  Hey, what's that white dot on the circle-thingy meaGARRRGH!!!

Comment

I suppose they are mutating inside the body and if the person dies the vitamins that goes to the eggs are no more and the contact of the eggs with the air kills them...They must hatch completely before killing the body so they survive the outside conditions...
                    The parasite goes into your body to multiply itself fast...

That's my supposition, I think it makes sense

Comment

Well in nature there are a few bugs, like the wasp that lays its eggs inside a spider.

It lays its eggs, dies, eggs can ONLY survive if the spider is still alive, and eating, so it can eat its food before the spider does, then it hatches.

Theory 1:
                      I suppose the parasite lays goes in, lays eggs, dies, and the gestation process begins and it eats away the human.

Theory 2: The parasite has its eggs on its back about to hatch already(Hence the cacoon stage, its protecting its young that way, but it needs blood proteins and such to become an adult. So it goes inside and the babies feed. Hence the 4 parasites, 3 babies and 1 adult.

I still like the genetic manipulation idea. Thats how most Sci-Fi infestations happen. If your "immune system" (the health bar) isn't high enough you will be the happy mother of a few parasites.
                      "A True Hero isn't measured by the size of his sword but by the Size of his Heart" - Life Motto

"I'm not a TKer. I'm just an alien in desguise" - AS Motto

Happy Webmaster of The Final Quandary

Comment

Originally posted by jamus_se
                        I've always thought a parasite infests the target through a lethal injection of a virus (which would kill the host, like a bee sting). The virus will then spread into the body and begin to change the DNA of normal body cells to assemble alien parasite cells. Once mature, the new parasites break out of the (now hollow) human body to infest new hosts.

Obviously, the anti-virus serum would reverse the effect of the virus and clean it out of the system. However, that does pose the question of why doesn't everyone carry a dose of anti-virus serum... maybe it needs some special method of injection, like those things you stab directly at the heart in The Rock?
                        Err bee sting doesn't kill, not atleast here O.o, i have been stinged by bee many times.
                        "I am tormented by dreams of our death, And grief at what is to come.
                        For in dreams I have seen / The heavens falter, And the stars drop from the sky.
                        In my dreams / Creation ceases without a sound. I have seen the destruction of the Way."

Comment

They go up your ass.

That's it.

:p

Comment

Originally posted by Padders
                            They go up your ass.

That's it.

:p
                            No wonder Faith always likes it..
                            "I am tormented by dreams of our death, And grief at what is to come.
                            For in dreams I have seen / The heavens falter, And the stars drop from the sky.
                            In my dreams / Creation ceases without a sound. I have seen the destruction of the Way."

Comment

Originally posted by Akalamanaia
                              Err bee sting doesn't kill, not atleast here O.o, i have been stinged by bee many times.
                              He means like how bees die after they sting stuff, parasites die after infecting someone.
                              Immortius' Forge

Comment

Working...
                              X