Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Selection O_o

Hey

( Sorry, but my English Grammar is not so good... :p )

I play the Half-Life Mod Natural Selection.
    Last week i found This Mod called Alien Swarm, at first i thought it's an Natural Selection Page, but i felt wrong.

Now my question:

Is Alien Swarm near the same as Natural Selection? just with better grafics an some more game options?
    Or is it a totally different Game-Mod?

Alien Swarm looks great
    If it is nearly the same, my friends and me will change to Alien Swarm.

Sorry for my English
    Helden sind auأ?ergewأ¶hnliche Menschen die in auأ?ergewأ¶hnlichen Zeiten etwas auأ?ergewأ¶hnliches leisten.

Natural Selection is a rip off of Alien Swarm obviously.

Comment

But Natural Selection exists longer than Alien Swarm?!

Does anybody know Natural Selection?
      Helden sind auأ?ergewأ¶hnliche Menschen die in auأ?ergewأ¶hnlichen Zeiten etwas auأ?ergewأ¶hnliches leisten.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulja
        Natural Selection is a rip off of Alien Swarm obviously.
        yup. I can't agree more on that LOL

Comment

But This mod for Half-Life exitst longer then UTk24

And another Question:

Can you play the Aliens und ALien Swarm?
          Because in Natural Selcetion you can play both sides.

Comment

You can not play aliens in AS...

Natural selection is first person where you build structures and try to kill opposite team...

Alien Swarm is a 3rd person co-op mod where you have a view from the top of the marine, the camera is looking down...You don't build structures except sentry but you dont really build them...You have to complete a mission not kill the enemy team...
            Graphics of Alien Swarm are a lot better...

Comment

Honk, ignore Soulja and Little Child. The information that they're giving you is as helpful as that of a three year old going "goo-goo" "gaa-gaa".

To answer your questions:
              1) Natural Selection plays completely differently than Alien Swarm. From what I've read, NS is more like a RTS where you manage resources and fight against another group of human controlled opponents that are about equal strength as you.

Alien Swarm, on the other hand, is an arcade style action game where you and your friends walk through a linear map fighting AI controlled aliens. You cannot play as the aliens, and the focus is on squad based teamwork and not resource management strategies.

Hope this answers some of the questions you may have.

Comment

Originally posted by Honk
                Can you play the Aliens und ALien Swarm?
                Because in Natural Selcetion you can play both sides.

humm.. alien with claws. bashing the mariens to pieces, i wanna try that.. hehe
                Tip 1: use sentry as a stair case
                Tip 2: walk on active mines so when alien gets near you, they burn

Comment

Best co-op experience you can find.

Suppose you and three of your friends are each controlling a marine and you're on a mission to... say... rescue Ltn. Williams, who's been trapped in a complex overrun by aliens.

If you move in formation, avoid shooting each other, move quickly enough and seal the doors behind you, hack into computer systems to activate security turrets... remember to bring flares to light up the dark places, don't run out of ammo... DON'T GET INFESTED BY FRIGGIN' PARASITES THAT WILL BURST THROUGH YOUR CHEST...

Then you have a slight chance of surviving.

Oh, if you want to see what it's like, check out the official website:
                  http://www.blackcatgames.com/swarm/

There's a trailer there (24 megs) that gives you an image of what it's like... and it's pretty cool, too.
                  Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Thaaank you

But i will try Alien Swarm, i looks funny

I've seen the trailer, it looks great.

But test also Natural Selection ;D its also very funny without the good graphic

Comment

Jamus: NS is a mix. For aliens, it's like playing an FPS with a few RPG elements (think Deus Ex, or NOLF). For marines, it's an FPS for all but one player, who is the commander and gets a RTS-style interface.

NS isn't really like AS. They overlap in atmosphere, but AS is a lot more to do with tight-knit teams. Everyone gets the top-down perspective (hidden modes notwithstanding), and there isn't a commander role per se. The aliens are all computer-controlled (they need to be, really - they're supposed to be a flood of idiots, like the aliens in Starship Troopers).
                      If you find a server with good players, who work together properly (and - gasp - it does happen, unlike online NS*!), AS can be tons of fun.

*In my experience, NS was crippled by serverloads of gung-ho morons. I don't think I ever saw a marine commander who was even slightly compitent who survived the chair without being kicked out by an idiot for more than thirty seconds. I haven't played for months, though.
                      Hey, what's that white dot on the circle-thingy meaGARRRGH!!!

Comment

*sigh* it seems like all coop games have a bug that they cannot escape from - idiots...

Comment

Ye, they should have someclass of test for them...

Comment

accually yanno it woudl be sweet to play natural selection in this style hehe only problem would be the skulks since there main thing is climbing walls and such would be hard to pull off in an above view way =X

Comment

I played NS back when Steam was still just an innocent glint in Gabe Newell's eye.

I wouldn't mind playing it again, but my fear and hatred for Steam and public servers are too strong.
                              Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Working...
                              X