Is this not basically starcraft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this not basically starcraft?

Except in 3d, has ragdoll physics, and is controlled with w,a,s,d?

Erh... No.

Comment

Starcraft is not co-op shooter. It's RTS.

Alien Swarm is all about trying to survive with your friends...

If you have doubts, go ahead and check out the Trailer at the official site:
      http://www.blackcatgames.com/swarm
      Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

SC rts, build, upgrade, micro, macro, money mangement, ect ect. you play sc with mouse and know your keys around on keyboard

Alien Swarm, you shoot, surive, tactics, ect ect
        Tip 1: use sentry as a stair case
        Tip 2: walk on active mines so when alien gets near you, they burn

Comment

It may borrow a few things from starcraft's cutscenes, infact the first time i saw the trailer it immediatly reminded me of SC, but the gameplay sistem is entirely different.

Im really glad someone went and made a mod with this incredible atmosphere, i cannot love it more than i already do!

Comment

Goddam, when will people get over Starcraft!
            .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

In addition to being a totally different kind of game, AS is distinctly less redneck than Starcraft; don't let Crash fool you

Comment

آ¬آ¬

Black Cat Games
                ThieveryUT
                Alien Swarm

Comment

Sorry Cythe, I couldn't resist

Comment

I don't recall living in a cave at the time, but somehow i missed all the fuss about SC. I just tried it out the other day (first time!). Reminded me that fun don't require great graphics. Very addictive, got to get rid off it since I really don't have time for yet another game

And no, It’s doesn’t play like AS at all.

Comment

Originally posted by TafferBoy
                      Goddam, when will people get over Starcraft!
                      I will get over it when Starcraft2 is released =D (maybe Starcraft Ghost but since i dont have a stupid xbox and they wont release it for pc =/)

Comment

Originally posted by s4M
                        I will get over it when Starcraft2 is released =D (maybe Starcraft Ghost but since i dont have a stupid xbox and they wont release it for pc =/)
                        Pay $75 for a used Gamecube and get it for that.

Comment

Originally posted by [nt]Leo
                          I don't recall living in a cave at the time, but somehow i missed all the fuss about SC. I just tried it out the other day (first time!). Reminded me that fun don't require great graphics. Very addictive, got to get rid off it since I really don't have time for yet another game

And no, It’s doesn’t play like AS at all.

Starcraft was amazing fun made me go over on my time when I was using dialup way back. If you do get into some of the terran missions theres some nice little installation missions where you have to make sure key heroes stay alive. Some of those missions really did play out similarly to AS. Marines vs. Aliens. the real difference between Starcraft and AS is that SC lacked a lot of the intensity that AS has. Sure you had to protect your heroes but you never had to really worry as long as you had enough fodder to take point. If you ever get a chance to play SC again make sure you check out multiplayer as the custom maps were what really made the game a hit.

AS is not SC but it sure is just as fun.
                          Telic Corporation

Comment

Maybe Blizzard's sanity returns and they decide to launch it for pc, cause that's the reasonable thing to do, all starcraft fans are there, not in 8 years old gamecube teletubbie likers kiddies =/

Comment

Ghost is not for Starcraft fans, it's about taking an amazing setting/universe and making a good console game with it...
                              I'm sure they'll, at some point, make Starcraft2. They'd have to be crazy not to
                              The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist fears this is true.

Comment

Working...
                              X