Outdoor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor?

Is the team going to be doing any outdoor levels? I think it would be pretty cool. Maybe I could give it a crack, although I have no experience with mapping for AS...I've only done maps for stuff like Frag Ops type games.
    http://www.swattclan.com/dome/uploads/cancan.jpg

Sounds good, outdoor map will probably be more open, maybe thats where apc or other veicheals comes in
    Tip 1: use sentry as a stair case
    Tip 2: walk on active mines so when alien gets near you, they burn

Comment

One of the levels (can't remember the name. You have to fight the big alien causing sensor anomalies) is almost entirely outdoors, and it's raining, to boot!

Comment

Well, mapping for AS is like... something that's very much like mapping for AS. If you've mapped with UED before, and read the mapping docs at the official website... You shouldn't have troubles coming up with something cool.

Outdoors, now... Well, I know using terrain has been tried a couple of times, but they caused a lot of trouble. Dunno specifics, but.. wouldn't go overboard with terrain.
        Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Salsa you are talking about Uplink...
          it is not exactly outdoor, it is open-sky but still on a structure...
          I'd like to see a map really outside in the dirt and terrain

Comment

Perhaps i'll try that later

Comment

Terrain ended up being full of little dips and hills that, while almost invisible, obstruct your movement. They also tended to look like one flat face of dirt/grass because of the view.

Also large open areas tend to have less tactical play.. they're cool to have in moderation, but a whole level might be dull.

Prove me wrong ^^
              Meow.

Comment

I really want to see a map done about the Starship Troopers Base defense scene. With mini guns mounted and other stuff. Make it 1st person inside the mini guns and see if people can defend the base
                "A True Hero isn't measured by the size of his sword but by the Size of his Heart" - Life Motto

"I'm not a TKer. I'm just an alien in desguise" - AS Motto

Happy Webmaster of The Final Quandary

Comment

Originally posted by DusKer
                  Terrain ended up being full of little dips and hills that, while almost invisible, obstruct your movement.
                  Thats not quite right. When using a bitmap file then don't use to many different colors on every pixel (even if it might look like it, it happened enough times to me) or use the smoothing tool for terrain editing in the editor.

Comment

Originally posted by Xersues
                    Make it 1st person inside the mini guns and see if people can defend the base
                    You mean like UT2004 Assault mode?
                    Hey, what's that white dot on the circle-thingy meaGARRRGH!!!

Comment

Well actually I was thinking of maybe a desert campaign. The objective is to land on a desert planet where a military base has been brutaly attacked by a swarm of aliens. You must salvage information on what went on and hopefully find some survivors.

That would be the main objective, however, a clean sweep of the area must be done first to prevent any close fights.

Once reaching the base, the team must do a full sweep and salvage whatever equipment they need and find any possible survivors. Once this is done I think it would be cool to have a swarm of alliens surround the base and the team would have to take strategic points of the base and seal off the doors with welders and possibly use the hacker to fix up the old gun turrets for the big "wave" of aliens.

Maybe an idea for the team in the future.

Edit:Yes this is pretty much like the starship troopers movie but I think it's a sweet idea
                      http://www.swattclan.com/dome/uploads/cancan.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X