New mission idea: crash-landing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mission idea: crash-landing

Right here's the idea. Make up some random mission objective that isn't too important, and make a remark about weather conditions / large swarms or something. When the mission starts the drop ship has crash-landed and there are new objectives given to salvage the parts that are scattered around in order to repair the drop ship.

It's an outdoor map (if possible) and there are 3 or 4 ship parts that need to be fetched. They can be fetched in any order, but it's best to do it in an organised way. You fetch each one and bring it to the ship. When you have all the parts the drop ship can be repaired and the mission is complete.

You really need to set up a defensive perimeter at the drop ship. There will be ammo and sentry guns available at the drop ship (they respawn every once in a while) and this is to withstand the constant invasions until you have all the ship parts.

I think this mission would make for some nice team play (it would be a long mission where you basically need to survive and use and set up ammo and sentries wisely). And the openness makes you feel insecure... you can be attacked from any side. You also don't know the locations of the parts you need, you just look for them. The edge of the map could be made with natural barriers.

So what do you think? Is this possible? I don't have any mapping skills myself, but feel free to steal my idea... I'd like to play it

You'd think Crash would be an OK pilot, but guess not.

It's a fine idea, but as you say, I don't know if 'retrieving objectives' are possible, or if they can be at random locations, as I think you said.

Comment

Sounds nice, but there are no retrieving objectives... you could use a "One touch retrieves", but that's not that nice, is it? Random locations are quite difficult, but you could do a workaround with placing many of them at different locations and destroy all of them (except of 4) randomly. That won't make such a problem. It's just a lot of work to map :|

Comment

For a mod team making a part that can be picked up is not very hard. It's like picking up ammo from the ground. I think this could be totally kick ass but maybe to shorten it up the mission you could be split it into 4...Once each object is returned the progress will be saved and a new equipment screen comes on and such. Or else if you died you'd be waiting hours to play again.
        http://www.swattclan.com/dome/uploads/cancan.jpg

Comment

Isn't there a 'Pitch Black' inspired map in progress which uses a pickup for an objective?

Comment

Pitch Black rocks...is there really a map inspired by it in progress? That would be awesome!

Comment

Pitch black is okay, Chronical of riddick is better, but neway, couple weeks ago, i did hear someone is making a map closely related to pitch black
              Tip 1: use sentry as a stair case
              Tip 2: walk on active mines so when alien gets near you, they burn

Comment

Yea this looks like a cool idea (Prat you wana go play on some server?)

Comment

I guess it was a bit ambitious

Comment

its good to have ambitions!!

Comment

Any idea with a more free-form and tactical approach is a good idea!

Comment

bigger map (infact, MAKE it HUGE!!!), ramdom spawn, u and 1 of you (your partner obviousely) survivied the landing, u have to find the rest of your ... teammates, (RANDOM spawn dammit random, and huge ass map!!!) then once u relocate eachother, u 1st pray, that u wont be the 1st to be eaten by alien... wait. that aint right, but neway, once u are regrouped, u gotta get out of the planet (Hax the planet) ermm.. yea.. some sort of interglatical transporter!! ermm.. more like go to point B from point A, with shitload of aliens on your way, and u gotta get there, so frag on!!

Comment

Working...
                        X