Weapon Sugeststions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon Sugeststions

I just want to start a thread where people put gun ideas that maybe if they are good inof would be added to the next patch...

Uhh well Anyways my sugestion is a:

grenade launcher a weapon that has diffrent kind of grenades taht can be switched example of grenades... Stun,Normal,Movement(sort of like mine but explodes one target),Web(catches a single alien and can't move at all)

Kinfe/Sword? WEll maybe as a complete last resort wepon if all ammo is gona you can pull out your meele skillz0r 1337 and slice those aliens up.

Melee attacks against aliens who outnumber you hundreds to one, are probably stronger than you, and have large spikes for arms.

Riiiiight.
    Hey, what's that white dot on the circle-thingy meaGARRRGH!!!

Comment

Hey it would be cool and the hell its better than just running with no ammo. Or maybe they can bash with the weapon.

Comment

I wouldnt say swords or knives but instead a shock stick...like you hit alien with it and hes stunned as long as you keep hitting it...you could take them in like 1v2 with it but as soon as they are 3 or more the stun duration is not enough to keep up with all of them...
        shock stick does damage also

Also I think missile launcher would be nice...you could shoot from far but the friendly fire damage would have to be VERY high...as in you must be 1 screen away from detonation or you get high damage/die

a Grenade launcher with stun, incendiary and normal nades would be nice...

Comment

A bayonet or something, just to increase the damage from melee, would be kinda cool. They'd need to rework the inventory system, tho.

Rocket launchers would need some kind of long range interface... maybe steerable missiles a'la Perfect Dark? But since everything happens at close range inside, I'm not sure if there's a role for it.

I'd like to see slugs for shotguns. I like the damage, but frickin Medics standing beside you (instead of behind) getting clipped by the spread and dying is annoying. Indeed, since its buck, I say reduce the damage shotguns do to marines, on account of their rigid armour. Getting clips by one of the fragments shouldn't kill or even seriously injure an armoured person.

Comment

humm missile launcher... ever played Metal Gear Solid?? u musta have.. neway, Nikita is what i am thinking about... ^^ that remote controlled rocket launcher
            Tip 1: use sentry as a stair case
            Tip 2: walk on active mines so when alien gets near you, they burn

Comment

No, really, melee doesn't fit properly. The whole danger of the aliens is that they're harmless as long as you can keep them at shotgun's reach, but there's the tension that if they get around you, or when you have to reload, that they'll be at you, and you'll be dead in seconds. Having a decent melee weapon would defeat this. Having a less-than-decent melee weapon would be pointless.

A rocket launcher isn't really a close range weapon. It wouldn't be able to be any more powerful than the standard grenade launcher. And given how much team damage grenades are responsible for already, I don't know if a weapon dedicated to spreading their bouncy love around is really the smartest addition...
              Hey, what's that white dot on the circle-thingy meaGARRRGH!!!

Comment

mmmm did someone mention Perfect Dark?
                Meow.

Comment

Hmm well then you might aswell remove flamethrower people just have to learn how to not be idiots and aim properly.

Comment

*cough* not ALL players are idiots, some actually know how to use and use pretty well, i am not saying i know how to use it, cuz i suck at it, but i've seen others used it pretty well.
                    Tip 1: use sentry as a stair case
                    Tip 2: walk on active mines so when alien gets near you, they burn

Comment

Prat shut up you are one of the best Alien Swarm players

Comment

Working...
                      X