Will devs fix abusable maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will devs fix abusable maps?

Hey I was just wondering, will the devs fix the maps where you can abuse to beat the map like observation where someone stays at the apc or in salvage where you can just hide and then run to the pad?

I think they should because that is the way the game is supposed to be played and I don't think someone should be able to complete those missions unless they do it the right way...

I think it is more up to the map makers themselves to fix the map if they so desire. If the devs are the ones who originally created the maps, then the question you are asking is being directed towards the right people.

But do the map makers even know about these issues?

Comment

Originally posted by sin
      I think it is more up to the map makers themselves to fix the map if they so desire. If the devs are the ones who originally created the maps, then the question you are asking is being directed towards the right people.
      Solaris did all the official Alien Swarm maps -- and I'd be surprised if he didn't tweak them slightly as players find things nobody expected.
      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

If you feel like abusing those methods to win, then go ahead. There isn't really a way to prevent one person from staying at the APC, ready to exit when the rest of the team suicides. A few bugs could be thrown at him, or there could be a switch that needed to be flicked in the begining complex part. But it isn't really cool to win by having a player stay at the start all the game is it?

Hiding from the bugs in salvage... By all means, go ahead. I know i would try and hide too.

Comment

btw, on observation aliens spawn at the apc after the team reaches a certain point
          and they even jump onto it so the camper still gotta fight
          same on salvage when you hide on the crates. aliens do jump up to you and will bite your ankles if you dont watch out :p
          but then again the salvage crates could be easily fixed by making em higher

Comment

those maps are mad and u seen the work wat goes into the maps just be thankful that there good maps.

maps maps u cant shoot ur grenade becasue the blow up as u shoot them HOW DO I FIX THIS???

Comment

Hm. Did you remember to substract a large space above the map? I suppose if there is no such space, the grenades might start off going upwards and immediately hit the ceiling after that.

I don't have any other wild theories today, tho... :/
              Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Possible causes relating to blockingvolumes.

I found that I had this problem if I tried to use a blockingvolume that wasn't a classblocker... instead set to block actors or some such thing.

- Or was it zeroextenttraces? One of those.
                Last edited by Brent Rivienne; 15 Jun 2004, 06:57 AM. Reason: Additional information added.
                Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
                - Kalias

Comment

Easy to fix. Have all people alive need to be at the extraction point in order to win.

Comment

I prefer the idea of having a horde of aliens attack the area midway through the mission that can only be defeated if you enter the room - if you're in the room already you're screwed.
                    Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
                    - Kalias

Comment

Observation APC is very easy to hold trust me...

As for salvage, the abuse is not the crates as aliens do go up and you can get stuck behind boxes too far from extraction point...You can just run out of there to another corridor and have it the easy way, maybe you should need to be holding a lazer pointer or something at the pad or I don't know...

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                        If you feel like abusing those methods to win, then go ahead. There isn't really a way to prevent one person from staying at the APC, ready to exit when the rest of the team suicides. A few bugs could be thrown at him, or there could be a switch that needed to be flicked in the begining complex part. But it isn't really cool to win by having a player stay at the start all the game is it?

Hiding from the bugs in salvage... By all means, go ahead. I know i would try and hide too.
                        Nice one, because as we know we have full control over all the players on public servers... wait! We don't! Thus it makes no difference if we want to abuse it or not, we don't get a say.
                        "If a newbie isn't doing exactly what you want them too, you must be extra condescending and whiny over VoIP to get them to listen. The more nasaly angry you can make your tone the better, because it could make all the difference."

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                          Easy to fix. Have all people alive need to be at the extraction point in order to win.
                          We'll get that done within the hour! Look out for v1.11

Comment

hell yea!!!
                            Tip 1: use sentry as a stair case
                            Tip 2: walk on active mines so when alien gets near you, they burn

Comment

"Easy to fix. Have all people alive need to be at the extraction point in order to win."

That's the way it is right now...Thing is, everyone but the one at the APC suicide and the mission completes...

Or, on salvage, they hide in a corridor and walk to the extraction point when countdown is over...

Comment

Working...
                              X