This should win the contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This should win the contest

out of all the mods ive played for ut2004 this is by far the best. i wasnt sure but is this game entering the contest for phase 3 or 4? this maybe co-op and not an fps but its fun as hell. great game play. if i wasnt poor id pay for it

Alien Swarm has entered MSUC phase 3. It's mainly running for the Non-FPS category.
    And yea... Thank you for the kind words.

- I approve!
    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

YEAH win the contest so that u can spend it on making the game better. But it is very good already but just more varity

Comment

is there anything that fans can do to alter the result of the contest? From what I've seen, it seems that the judging is 100% internal right now.

Comment

You could potentially Go to Mailman school for two years , Hop in a time machine and travel back to the week of the award announcement , Pose as a mailman , break into a Tailors Shop , Steal all the supplies , Hire 10 cubans to sew you a janitors Outfit , Apply for a job at Epic as a Daytime Janitor , then slip drugs into your coworkers lunch so that he has to go home sick and you can steal his night shift. then just near closing time , you can use your uber ninja skills to Kill the Security guards and steal the Keys , use the keys to break into the Parking garage , hotwire a Car , Get in a rear end collision with a pizza delivery guy , Konk him over the head when you go to swap insurance , steal his Pizza suit , Car , and pizza ,Pour Chloroform all over the pizzam, head over the house of the person who judges the contest , Knock on the door , ssay PI...PEEZA DEELEVERY! , Then when he comes to the Door , Give him the Pizza. wait for him to open the Box and Pass out from the fumes (no need to worry about a wife or Kids getting in the way , he works for Epic!) Steal his neighbors ladder , Climb up onto his Roof , Rappel down his Chimminey , Grab his unconcious body , then Drag him into your stolen Pizza Car, Drive to the Hoover Dam, Dangle him over it , and Force him to Judge the contest the way YOU want him too.

There you go. How to ensure the Success of your favorite mod in just a few easy steps.
          Smack the Planet!!!! -

Comment

humm, i'd say skip step 1 and go to step 10...
            Tip 1: use sentry as a stair case
            Tip 2: walk on active mines so when alien gets near you, they burn

Comment

Seriously though, I have played more than a few UT2004 mods as well and this really is the only one I have seen so far that would pass as a stand alone game. It doesn't feel like I am playing a buggy, beta version with missing animations or bad models. It is honestly a game that I would have paid for if it wasn't a mod.

This is, of course, only my opinion. But it is the only opinion I have.

So there.

-3clipse

Comment

same here... this feels like an classic. Got the same vibe from it as with Subspace many years ago. That game had also GREAT gameplay and people are STILL playing it. Ofcourze its a differend game but for me it haves the same addiction. I think people will still play AS in 3-5 years - maybe even a lot longer.

Comment

Red Orchestra could pass as a stand alone game. The game also has an extremely professional feel to it(not saying that AS doesn't, because it does). All of the animations, models, maps and textures are top notch.

Comment

I hate Red Orchestra, it plays terribly and is unbalanced and I uninstalled it straight away. You know what I don't do? Complain in any Red Orchestra forums.

Comment

i played RO too and its ok - for a mod. but for sure it can NOT be a standalone game with games like Far Cry and Battlefield vietnam/1942 out. it haves a jerky gameplay and contains graphical bugs.

altho i like it as a mod it can not compare with the quality of Alien Swarm. - But thats just me

Comment

Originally posted by Carth
                        I hate Red Orchestra, it plays terribly and is unbalanced and I uninstalled it straight away. You know what I don't do? Complain in any Red Orchestra forums.
                        Hold on man, if you're going to call yourself Carth, you have to act the part

Comment

I don't understand what the big fuss is about Red Orchestra or how it manages to win any award except for its possible production value. There's virtually no strategy to play on the maps, the classes and weapons are dreadfully unbalanced, and for chrissake, the uniforms for the russians and the german looks exactly alike, and the only way to tell them apart is by the name ID when you get close. Some of the "innovations" like loading half emptied clips only clutters up the gameplay further. And believe me, I have played well made WWII mods for (the original) Unreal Tournament that is far more playable and intense than this pile of... unfinished business. I really wish I can remember the name of the mod. Next to Tactical Ops, that mod was the best mod I've ever seen for the original Unreal Tournament.

EDIT: Found the mod I was talking about... it's The Third Reich for Unreal Tournament. One of the most underappreciated mod ever.
                          Last edited by jamus_se; 16 Jun 2004, 12:59 AM.

Comment

I actually thought TO was appalling.

AS is definately my pick for MSU winner... if only because you've got a lot of derivative mods out there, and this is one mod that goes somewhere different and does it well. Its not a BF/CS clone, its not full of TKers like ABU... the only other mod I enjoy as much as AS is Neotokyo, but its bugged out the ass (in alpha and all).

But on RO, the unbalanced-ness doesn't bother me, since guns really aren't balanced. What bothers me is it doesn't include the stuff older realism mods like INF implemented years ago, and instead tries to reinvent the wheel with every game mechanic. Oh, and the TKing, and the poor maps.

Comment

I didn't like RO either.
                              I agree with just about everything I've just read - to me it felt like a poor, slow, jerky imitation of 'Call of Duty'. Which I thought was a fantastic game, btw.
                              I've been playing the Star Wars-based 'Troopers' mod a bit recently, as well. It's good in places - the guns and the blaster firefights feel just like the films - but on the other hand it's currently Counterstrike with lasers, and it gets boring quite quickly. The crosshair system is also incredibly annoying. And some of the prose on the loading screens is incredibly dodgy and pretentious. :S

But AS really does just have them 'good vibes' about it, as steroids said. I predict great things.

Comment

Working...
                              X