Alien Swarm Theme videoclip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Swarm Theme videoclip

hey guys - ever wondered how Alien Swarm looks in FPS ?

try this 6 minutes movie - first mission in fps

- music is a song that i use as intro for my liveset. I think i call it Alien Swarm Theme,if Black Cat allows me

Quality of the movie realy sux but i dont have the bandwith to host a movie in full size.

Download Alien Swarm Theme movie here (Rightmouse + save as)

Hope u guys like it anyway.

how do you unlock the FPS view?
    Smack the Planet!!!! -

Comment

Hax

Comment

no - no hack - im not l33t enuff for that

Comment

hahaha, hax the planet. neway good movie, too bad its so dark i couldn't seee anything, thats y i turn my gamma to 1.5 ^^
          Tip 1: use sentry as a stair case
          Tip 2: walk on active mines so when alien gets near you, they burn

Comment

OMFG thats so sweet
            made me think of AvP for example
            with all the darkness
            and the shoulderlights and flashlights were amazing to see from first person view

and now i m very curious too how you activate or unlock first person view since altough most of the ceilings are kinda screwed it would still be sweet to play like that sometimes
            or is it a server side setting only ?
            cause otherwise you might have ppl playing in first person view and ppl playing with top down, the first one might give an advantage to seeing aliens from far. the second one is better for watching your ass.

Comment

i didn't played it in fps view - its played in topvieuw. but i demorecorded it. - As u might have noticed the angle of the camera changes all the time. So basicly i just demoreced it.

Comment

Great movie. It's even more atmospheric than I imagined it in first-person. And thanks for not turning the gamma up, that's the way the game is most atmospherically played - dark with light from a flashlight filling an area for a moment and illuminating the occasional alien. Staring down the barrel of the minigun was incredible.

Framerate was kinda jerky. Anyway nice.

Comment

If you do more movies like this you may want to up the gamma and brightness a bit when you view the replay to record the movie. Not being able to see anything may work for a game, but for a movie most of the time you want to be able to see things.

Comment

Dont, it works fine... Just increasing gamma makes the rest of us see it too clearly (Its dark now, like the game, and it should be like that).

Comment

Great movie, I'm impressed. The pov is very refereshing. It makes me appreciate how talented the mappers, as well as you, are.
                      "Who's the moron who put a moron like me in charge?"

Comment

my gamma for classic top down is turned up pretty much but seeing that movie really gave me the creeps in those dark areas
                        topdown doesnt really gives me the creeps, too arcade
                        but still nice enough to do some serious teamwork
                        that movie truly showed AS in a beautifull way
                        too bad its too deceptive (if thats spelled correclty, i mean like in deceiving, not really telling the truth)
                        cause ppl seeing that might think that its an FPS or a top down with the possibility to simply switch to first person
                        its a nice movie to get into the mood if you already know what the game is about.
                        Last edited by Knight; 15 Jun 2004, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I think towartds the end the camera angels and lighting got better. I liked how dark it was, but it would have been much more tolerable if it wasn't so jerky. It was a good video tho. Too bad faith and Wildcat look like they had their faces on fire and put out with a sweaty nasty shirt. *shutters*
                          "A True Hero isn't measured by the size of his sword but by the Size of his Heart" - Life Motto

"I'm not a TKer. I'm just an alien in desguise" - AS Motto

Happy Webmaster of The Final Quandary

Comment

Nice, I liked the music ^^
                            Meow.

Comment

Nice, I liked the music ^^
                              thanks

I got a second movie ready wich is a little better quality i think but also almost twice as long. I'm afraid if i'm gona gona host that file too that my websites bandwith is gona go over its limit. Anyone can host another 50meg alien swarm movie ?

Comment

Working...
                              X