X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about stims

okay, i know what stim is. so don't stab me

neway i know stims effects such as

slow you down, matrix movement!! erm... better aim i suppose.

but just wondering, does stim do anything else?

it'll be better if during stim, even tho you are in slow action, your movement , reload, accuracy, and amount of damage you can take is sliently greater, after all, it's stim, like in SC when u get those marines high, they move twice as fast and shoots faster, thats what i'm thinking.

EDIT: just thought of somethin else, it'll be nice if theres a stim bar, showing you how much time u have left until stim wores off, so you can be ready to adjust the change of game speed.
    Tip 1: use sentry as a stair case
    Tip 2: walk on active mines so when alien gets near you, they burn

Stim bar would be nice, but nothing else is needed; since you are literally slowing down time\the game (the mission clock slows) then you are getting dead-on aims in a very small fraction of a second - usually only how long it takes for the marine to spin around and point their weapon.

Consider that you cannot do the same thing in normal speed, usually relying heavily on auto-aim and large bullet-sprays, wasting ammo after the alien is dead.

It's saved my life just fine as it is now.

Comment

That brings up something I ran into

In a net match, I activated a stim right before the mission completed. Naturally, everything slowed down - including the debrief screen. It took 5-10 seconds for the screen to show up. It's a minor thing but something the devs may want to take a look at for the next release.
      "Who's the moron who put a moron like me in charge?"

Comment

seen that, and thats hella annoying too.. :S :S :S <<<
        Tip 1: use sentry as a stair case
        Tip 2: walk on active mines so when alien gets near you, they burn

Comment

Professional Tip #1:
          When you use stim your reaction is damn high cuz everything is slow but you, in front of your computer, are not.
          Aliens are slowed when you shoot them, instead of focusing them one by one while stimmed, shoot them a bit each so they are all always slowed, it is very easy to kill hordes that way...Thank you!

Comment

"then you are getting dead-on aims in a very small fraction of a second - usually only how long it takes for the marine to spin around and point their weapon."

I'd just like to point out that the direction a marine is facing has nothing to do with which direction they can shoot. You can whip your cursor to the other side of the screen, and blow away an enemy, even before your marine turns 45 degrees to the target. At least, that's been my experience after playing many hours in slow motion.
            "The greatest leader is he who is aggressive in meeting the needs of others."

"Build a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life."

Sniper: The sexxiest voice in gamming.

Comment

If snipr(aka master of stims) says it, it must be true!

Comment

Aliens are slowed when you shoot them, instead of focusing them one by one while stimmed, shoot them a bit each so they are all always slowed, it is very easy to kill hordes that way...Thank you!
                Yeap. That's exactly what autogunners need to do when they're swarmed. Back away, shoot only enough to keep the buggers away from you. And when you get distance, shoot to kill.
                Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Originally posted by Angel-of-sIX
                  If snipr(aka master of stims) says it, it must be true!
                  The opposit...

Anyway, stims arent used enough on pubs...

Comment

Who is ye?

Sohtaraz, is that your in-game name? I don't recall seeing you in-game...
                    "The greatest leader is he who is aggressive in meeting the needs of others."

"Build a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life."

Sniper: The sexxiest voice in gamming.

Comment

Working...
                    X