Power ups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power ups?

How about we get little power ups randomly from aliens like damage boost or ,health boost ,armor boost ,speed boost , Reload Speed boost, Shooting speed boost, ETC Lets say they last for like 10 seconds or so... I don't know but sence this is arcade sort of why not add that.

And Alien Combo Kills. Racking up huge amounts of kills in tandem.
    Smack the Planet!!!! -

Comment

Yeah combo kills should show up on the debriefing screen, there's nothing like shooting through 3 aliens with a shotgun or wiping out 15 with a level 5 autogun.

Comment

Score? like 100 points for certain monsters and loose points for tk etc etc could have the cool little COMBO thing go up in numbers like in a street fighter game.

Comment

Nice ideas, but would kill the atmosphere too much, i fear
          Meow.

Comment

Yea but we are just thinking about it and i share my ideas...

Comment

The kill idea could be fun. Each alien killed within 1 second of another alien is counted towards a killing spree and at the end you get to see longest killing spree.

Comment

Originally posted by DusKer
                Nice ideas, but would kill the atmosphere too much, i fear
                You don't need the Unreal announcer yelling MULTI KILL or something, it would just show in the awards section at the end, kind of how people show off their 4 perfects. I don't think it should affect marines' abilities in any way, that would just unbalance it. Isn't the code already in the game so it isn't that hard to do?

Comment

I agree score would not be good for the game...As of now people try to work as a team and dont run in like mad to get more kills than other people...
                  With scores people would all go solo by themselves and go: Hey look I got more score I'm bettar!!!!!one!!shift+1!!!
                  As for TK, I play the medic usually...
                  The medics job is to heal and to kill parasited people he cant save...I dont wanna have minus in score for saving my team by killing a parasited teammate :/

Comment

Well the Kill count is Already displayed at the end , so its kind of not like people cant already run like mad to get more killz. Especially since more killz means more Stat points.

But perhaps the time between combo killz ( even though it probably wont be implemented) Would have to be greater for weapons with slower ROFS and lower for weapons with Higher ROF. that way A Minigunner wont blow everyone away and a Pistoller wont be left in the dust.

Perhaps there could be an Arcade Style Mutator?
                    Smack the Planet!!!! -

Comment

As an alternative, you can always put powerups, scoring, and friendly fire off all into a single mutator. Sure, it won't be AS anymore, but some people might want a silly break from the intense atmosphere of vanilla AS once in a while.

I'd suggesting adding 1 on 1 grudgematch in the middle of the mission, if this idea flies. Imagine this:

Wildcat: Crash, hack the panel!
                      Sarge: Yeah crash, hack, north!
                      Crash: Shuttup I'm trying to score a multikill!
                      Crash is on an alien rampage!
                      Wildcat: That's it! Crash, I'm pitting you on a 1 on 1 deathmatch!
                      Wildcat and Crash are now dueling.
                      Crash was killed by Wildcat.
                      Sarge was killed.
                      Wildcat was killed.
                      Mission failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel-of-sIX
                        With scores people would all go solo by themselves and go: Hey look I got more score I'm bettar!!!!!one!!shift+1!!!
                        I didn't think of it like that, more "heroes" is definitely not what we need.

Comment

imo, instead of going with the score, i'd rather the player say... Sarge, get a x3 with his shotty, say things / taunt ect ect to the DEAD alien, i can't think of nething cuz i am not creative enough T_T
                          Tip 1: use sentry as a stair case
                          Tip 2: walk on active mines so when alien gets near you, they burn

Comment

Originally posted by PratizUnreal
                            imo, instead of going with the score, i'd rather the player say... Sarge, get a x3 with his shotty, say things / taunt ect ect to the DEAD alien, i can't think of nething cuz i am not creative enough T_T
                            Taht would be Awesome. but ownly if non repetitve.
                            Smack the Planet!!!! -

Comment

well... unless they are camping ... maybe more than 1 type of speeches, like give it 10 ^^
                              Tip 1: use sentry as a stair case
                              Tip 2: walk on active mines so when alien gets near you, they burn

Comment

Working...
                              X